Do a Grouch a Favor Day
- Everyone has been a grouch at one time or another. Some people are seemingly grouches all of the time. It's in their nature. Others are occasional grouches, influenced by events in their lives, lack of sleep, the weather, etc. A few people are good at disguising their grouchy mood. But, they still need cheering up. Look around for someone who is in a grouchy mood today. Then, do him or her a favor that will cheer up their day. There's plenty of grouches out there to practice on. Try it on all of the grouches that you see today, and watch the results!
National Almond Day
- Research continues to focus on the many benefits of including almonds in your diet and here are a couple other reasons why you should enjoy almonds. Satisfaction. Stomach growling? Try munching on a handful of almonds each day, their protein, fiber and monounsaturated fat may help keep you satisfied longer. Nutrition. A handful of almonds is an excellent source of vitamin E and magnesium. Plus, almonds offer potassium (200 mg), calcium (75 mg) and iron (1.0 mg).
- Haleyville, Alabama introduced the nation's first 9-1-1 system which was located at the police station. Alabama Speaker of the House, Rankin Fite, made the first call from another city hall room. It was answered by Congressman Tom Bevill on a bright red telephone located in the police department.
DuPont patented Nylon
- If wood is the world's most versatile natural material, nylon is probably the most useful synthetic one. The world was introduced to nylon in 1938 when the DuPont chemical company used the material to make synthetic toothbrushes.
Kyoto Protocol Day
- The Kyoto Protocol is a protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC or FCCC), aimed at fighting global warming. The UNFCCC is an international environmental treaty with the goal of achieving "stabilization of greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere at a level that would prevent dangerous anthropogenic interference with the climate system
- This was updated by Catherine on February 16, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Scam.com is your first choice if you are a true freebie hunter and want to research if some freebie is a valid one. 419eater is an active freebie hunter discussion board. PurPortal is a huge searchable database of scams which seems to be updated regularly. There are 4 sections: scams, urban legends, viruses and phishing sites.
PLUS: List of freebie hunter sites that are spam, scam or phishing and 5,700 Chinese scams.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.