National Don't Utter a Word Day
- You see, the world is made up of talkers and listeners. And the listeners need a rest. That may not be practical for most people although it is definitely a day to practice listening more than usual.
National Chocolate Covered Peanuts Day
- There are a number of commercially produced chocolate covered peanuts that may be purchased and consumed in honor of National Chocolate Covered Peanuts Day. Goobers are an example of a brand name. It is also possible to make chocolate covered peanuts at home. This confection can be made by coating individual peanuts or by making peanut clusters (which may be mixed with other ingredients such as caramel) and then covering them in milk or dark chocolate.
- This will be time of contemplation, spiritual preparation and prayer as we move into the Lenten season.
Let's All Eat Right Day
- a day to honor Adelle Davis, one of the country's best-known nutritionists. Adelle, born on February 25th 1904 was a advocate in the nutrition movement, she wrote a series of books about healthy living including the books: Let's Cook it Right, Let's Have Healthy Children, Let's Eat Right to Keep Fit, and Let's Get Well. Adelle was a proponent for eating whole unprocessed foods, she criticized food additives, and claimed that dietary supplements and other nutrients played a huge role in preventing diseases and restoring health when recovering from a disease. Today is a good day to reflect on the foods we eat and the ways we try to stay healthy and identify ways we can eat right and stay healthy.
Fire the Coach Day
- marking this date in 1989 when the new owner fired the only head coach the Dallas Cowboys ever had until that day, 29-year-veteran Tom Landry.
Pistol Patent Day
- Samuel Colt invented the revolver, a pistol with multiple chambers for bullets. He patented it in Europe in 1835, and in the United States in 1836. The patent was for the Colt Revolver with a rotating chamber containing six bullets.
- This was updated by Catherine on February 25, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Create a Facebook and Twitter account to get freebies, even if you only use it for that.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.