National Personal Chef's Day
- A national day to honor the hardworking, creative personal chefs who provide delicious, affordable, custom-designed meals from fresh ingredients on a regular basis that may be enjoyed in the comfort of the client’s own home.
National Tortilla Chip Day
- The corn chip recipe was brought to the U.S. from Mexico by texas businessman Elmer Doolin. Just a few decades ago, Americans seldom ate Corn Chips and Salsa. It's popularity has grown immensely. Today is a tribute to that rising popularity of one of America's favorite munchies.
Sesame Street's Gordon's Birthday
- Gordon is a fixture on Sesame Street, having been there from the very beginning. A strong male role model, he is married to Susan and father of Miles. Susan and Gordon have been happily married for many years, providing a good example of a successful and united family. Gordon is a caring and competent man, who is sometimes firm but is also soft and gentle. Gordon loves sports and music, and he gives good advice; he’s the guy to talk to if something is bothering you.
Nylon Toothbrush Birthday
- It was as late as 1938 that synthetic materials (notably nylon) started replacing the animal-hair bristles. The first nylon toothbrush to go on sale was “Doctor West’s Miracle Toothbrush”, which was made available for mass consumption on February 24, 1938.
Introduce A Girl to Engineering Day
- During National Engineers Week, the engineering community is asked to mobilize women and men engineers to reach more than one million girls and encourage them to pursue the fields that lead to engineering careers.
- A day to recognize chili as an American staple and to celebrate our love for a great bowl of red—especially in the cold winter months.
- This was updated by Catherine on February 24, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Don't forget to sign up for free money! iRazoo are free digital dollars that you can trade for Amazon or Best Buy gift cards and other great electronic prizes.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.