Random Acts of Kindness Day
- You know what to do...perform a few random acts of kindness. Almost any kind deed will do. And, we highly recommend you perform kind acts on as many people as you can. People like the idea of showing a little kindness to others. Its a fun and good thing to do. And, they like being on the receiving end of this day as well. It makes both the giver and the receiver feel good.
National Cafe Au Lait Day
- Cafe au lait is French for "coffee with milk". The same drink is called caffe latte in Italy and cafe con leche in Spain. It is made with a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio of dark roast brewed coffee to heated milk or half-n-half. Add sugar to taste!
My Way Day
- Did your mother ever used to tell you when you were a teenager that the world does not revolve around you? Well today it does! Today is My Way Day, the official day to do everything your way. Sleep in late, eat whatever you want, and take the longest, hottest shower that you can stand. Whatever you decide to do, make sure that no one else influences your decisions today. Do everything simply just because you want to do it (but just make sure it's legal first).
Who Shall I Be Day
- Hundreds of people have their opinions as to who we are. Today is the day we decide who is right. Today we determine our identities all by ourselves.
Bumstead's Wedding Day
- On February 17, 1933, after much fanfare and build-up, Miss Boopadoop married her boyfriend Dagwood Bumstead, the son of a wealthy industrialist. Unfortunately for the Bumsteads, Dagwood was disowned by his upper-crust family for marrying beneath his class. Virtually overnight, Blondie became a domesticated, middle-class family strip, and has remained one ever since.
World Human Spirit Day
- At 3 PM, EST, we will hold two minutes of silent meditation throughout the world and beyond, to focus on the true spirit that flows through everything. Please join us in silence to bring the energy of universal healing and peace into the hearts and minds of all humanity.
National PTA Founders Day
- Founders Day is a reminder of the substantial role that PTA has played locally, regionally, and nationally in supporting parent involvement and working on behalf of all children and families. It's a time to reflect and take pride in our many accomplishments, and to renew our commitment to be a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for parents, and a strong advocate for public education.
- This was updated by Catherine on February 17, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Whenever you receive a freebie that leaks all over your mail - you should email the company and tell them. You might even get a full-size bottle of their product in compensation!
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.