Women's Healthy Weight Day
- A day to honor American women of all sizes and confirm that beauty, talent and love cannot be weighed. Winners of the Women’s Healthy Weight Awards will be announced—businesses that portray size diversity and reject the national obsession with thinness that is shattering the lives of women, young girls and their families.
National Granola Bar Day
- Granola is a breakfast food and snack food consisting of rolled oats, nuts, honey, and sometimes rice that is usually baked until crispy. Besides being a great choice for breakfast and snacks, granola bars and granola are often eaten by those who are hiking, camping, or backpacking due to the fact that it is lightweight, high in calories, and easy to store; these properties make it similar to trail mix and muesli.
Women in Blue Jeans Days
- A time to celebrate the women of rural America and their contributions to their families, friends and communities. Women involved in agriculture recognize the value of their family farms to the world that they help feed.
First Concorde Flight
- The supersonic Concorde airplane was put into service by Britain and France in 1976. The Concorde ended flights on Oct 24, 2003 — bringing an end to supersonic air travel.
Get to Know Your Customer Day
- Set aside the third Thursday of each quarter to get to know your customers even better. For example, salespeople might plan to take a customer out to lunch, not to sell, but to learn more about the customer’s needs and why the customer likes doing business with them. Executives could get out from behind the desk and go into the field.
National Hugging Day
- Give a hug, and you automatically receive one in return. Sure, someone might not hug back. But, how often does that happen!?! Hugs are loving. Hugs are therapeutic. Hugs are caring. Hugs are celebratory. Hugs make you feel good inside. Celebrate today by giving hugs to family, friends and loved ones. You'll love the warm feeling you get.
Squirrel Appreciation Day
- an opportunity to enjoy and appreciate your tree climbing, nut gathering neighborhood squirrels. It's held in mid-winter when food sources are scarce for squirrels and other wildlife. So give them an extra special treat today to supplement their winter diets.
- This was updated by Catherine on January 21, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
Checking for free sample opportunities every day, or even several times a day, will greatly increase your chances of getting them. Since there are only a certain number of free samples per offer, you'll want to sign up as soon as you can. Free samples are almost always offered on a first come first served basis.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.