Beatles Last Concert
- On this day the Beatles performed together in public for the last time in 1969. The show took place on the roof of their Apple Studios in London, England, but it was interrupted by police after they received complaints from the neighbors about the noise.
National Croissant Day
- .While the Larousse Gastronomique pits the pastry as originating in 1686 Budapest, other historians refute this as a colorful tale, arguing that the French croissant as we know it is a more recent invention, recorded in France as early as the mid-1850s as a crescent-shaped bread or cake. The Oxford Companion to Food argues that it wasn't until 1906, in Colombie's Nouvelle Encyclopedie culinaire, that "a true croissant, and its development into a national symbol of France, [emerge as] a 20th-century history."
- one day of the year set aside for the world-wide celebration of America's only indigenous art form, and the musicians, past and present who created and sustain it. Created and promoted in 1991 by an avocational musician and bandleader, D. Michael Denny, while he was serving on the Board of Directors of the New Jersey Jazz Society.
- a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character created in 1959, a pink anthropomorphic mountain lion voiced by Daws Butler. He is best known for his famous catchphrase, "Heavens to Murgatroyd!", along with phrases such as "Exit, stage left!"
Yodel for Your Neighbors Day
- So get out your lederhosen, head to your neighbour's front porch, and let out your best yodelayeehoo. Then you better start running!
Franklin D. Roosevelt's Birthday
- The only president to serve more than two terms, FDR was elected four times. He supported the Allies in WWII before the US entered the struggle by supplying them with war materials through the Lend-Lease Act; he became deeply involved in broad decision making after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941.
- In Londonderry, Northern Ireland, 14 Roman Catholics were shot dead by British troops during a banned civil rights march. During 1972, the first year of British direct rule, 467 people were killed in the fighting.
- Indian religious and political leader, assassinated at New Delhi, India in 1948. The assassin was a Hindu extremist, Ram Naturam.
National Inane Answering Machine Message Day
- a day to end those numerous, annoying inane answering machine messages. We all get them on our answering machines. An inane message is a senseless or meaningless message, or a prank call. Or, it could be an insane message.
World Leprosy Day
- focus on increasing awareness of leprosy and the stigma faced by those who have been affected by it. Did you know that one person is diagnosed with leprosy every 2 minutes?
- This was updated by Catherine on January 30, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
Have realistic expectations: While I try very hard to only provide links to legitimate offers, sometimes the freebies still don't arrive. This could be because the company did not having a large enough supply to cover the response they got. It is also possible that a spammer has set up a site to gather email addresses (another important reason to use an alternate email account) and never intended to send you a freebie at all. Be aware that this can happen and although I do my best to avoid such sites, it is a part of getting freebies over the Internet.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.