- Comedian George Burns was born at New York City in 1896. He began in vaudeville without much success until he teamed up with Gracie Allen, who became his wife. As Burns and Allen, the two had a long career on radio, in film and with their hit TV show, “The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show.” Later he played the roles of God and the Devil in the Oh, God! movies. He lived to be 100 and died Mar 9, 1996, at Los Angeles, CA.
National Buttercrunch Day
- Today you can enjoy buttercrunch ice cream, candy, or anything buttercrunch. Spend the day with one of your favorite snacks. Make it your personal goal to have something with buttercrunch at each meal, and as a snack. Tomorrow, you can return to the diet.
- Cheese is nutritious food made mostly from the milk of cows but also other mammals, including sheep, goats, buffalo, reindeer, camels and yaks. Around 4000 years ago people have started to breed animals and process their milk. That's when the cheese was born. Go out to your local cheese shop and try something you've never had before.
- At 12:00 noon on Inauguration Day 2009 (Tuesday, January 20, 2009 -- the date and time are defined by the Twentieth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution), Barack Obama became the 44th President of the United States.
RV Workers and Workampers Day
- RV workers see a slice of America if they are working in an RV park or resort or even a tourist attraction. They may not see the circus or delegates to a convention, but they do see a variety. RVers come in all ages. They include families, tourists from the U.S. and foreign countries in rented RVs. Some have pets, some travel with all sorts of toys. Some travel in new million dollar buses, others in pop-up trailers, tiny teardrops or ancient RVs that have seen better days.
- Five companies (Hitachi, JVC, Philips, Matsushita and Sony) agreed to cooperate on the construction of a camera with a built-in videocassette recorder.
National Disc Jockey Day
- A disc jockey, also known as DJ (or deejay), is a person who selects and plays recorded music for an audience. Originally, disk referred to phonograph records, while disc referred to the Compact Disc, and has become the more common spelling.
Take a Walk Outdoors Day
- Outdoor activities such as taking a nature walk together are a great way of keeping the family fit and spending quality time together
Roller Coaster Patent Day
- The roller coaster is a popular amusement ride developed for amusement parks and modern theme parks. LaMarcus Adna Thompson patented the first roller coaster on January 20, 1885. In essence a specialized railroad system, a roller coaster consists of a track that rises in designed patterns, sometimes with one or more inversions (such as vertical loops) that turn the rider briefly upside down.
Penguin Awareness Day
- spend a little time learning about penguins - reading a pictorial book or internet site is fun. You can also watch a documentary of these cute and popular, grounded birds. This day is also a time to wear black and white - penguin colors. However, wearing a tuxedo in their honor is optional. It is also popular today to tell a penguin joke or two.
- This was updated by Catherine on January 20, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
Make sure that everything you entered in the form is correct. A wrong address may get the free sample to a neighbor instead of you!
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.