Chewing Gum Day
- Sitting in his workshop one day,tired and discouraged, Thomas Adams popped a piece of surplus chicle stock into his mouth. In 1870, he opened the world’s first chewing gum factory.
Safety Pin Invented
- The safety pin was invented by Walter Hunt in 1849. Hunt invented the safety pin in order to pay a debt of $15; he eventually sold the rights to his patent for $400.
National Mulled Cider Day
- Hot mulled cider is a delectable drink to warm you up on a cool September afternoon.
- this is a good day to go to your supermarket or your favorite pumpkin-selling farm stand to get some pumpkins for your home and/or yard.
Mud Pack Day
- for learning and appreciating the use of mud on the face or really any part of the body.
- "the Eighth [day] of Assembly" is a Jewish holiday celebrated on the 22nd day of the Hebrew month of Tishrei.
- This was updated by Catherine on September 30, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Don't forget to sign up for free money! Zoombucks are free digital dollars that you can trade for over 100 brand name gift cards.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.