- A one-hit wonder is a person or act known mainly for only a single success. The term is most often used to describe music performers with only one hit single.
National Comic Book Day
- Share a comic book with a friend today!
- The game was originally developed in 1971 by Merle Robbins. The game's general principles put it into the Crazy Eights family of card games.
Mary Poppins Released
- Mary Poppins was made into a film based on the series of children's books by Walt Disney Productions in 1964.
World Maritime Day
- The day is used to focus attention on the importance of shipping safety, maritime security and the marine environment and to emphasize a particular aspect of IMO's work.
National Crab Newburg Day
- If you love crabs and want to try something new, today is the day to try out this tasty dish. Bon appetite!
Boys' & Girls' Club Day for Kids
- celebrates the importance of establishing stronger relationships between adults and youth by leading the BGC Day for Kids effort.
Family Health & Fitness Day USA
- to promote family involvement in physical activity, one of the goals of the U.S. Surgeon General's Report on Physical Activity and Health.
National Public Lands Day
- the nation's largest hands-on volunteer effort to improve and enhance the public lands Americans enjoy. In 2009, 150,000 volunteers built trails and bridges, removed trash and invasive plants, planted trees and restored our water resources.
National Hunting & Fishing Day
- Join in a nationwide celebration. Hunt. Shoot. Fish. Share the pride!
National Museum Day
- Museum Day is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian Media in which participating museums across the country open their doors for free to anyone presenting a Museum Day Ticket.
World Ataxia Awareness Day
- Ataxia describes a lack of muscle coordination during voluntary movements, such as walking or picking up objects. A sign of an underlying condition, ataxia can affect your movements, your speech, your eye movements and your ability to swallow.
- This was updated by Catherine on September 25, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Get a free online voice mail box at Simple Voice Box, K7 unified messaging system or JConnect. For Canada use Budphone.ca. Some forms will allow you to fill in “UL” or “unlisted.” And remember to register your home and cell phone numbers to the National Do Not Call Registry.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.