National Custodial Workers Day
- Take a minute today, to seek out custodial workers at your school, church, place of employment, etc. Give them a big "Thank You" for all that they do to keep the place sparkling and running like a top.
Stock Photo credit: Alfi007
All rights reserved
Charlie Brown's Birthday
- Peanuts is a syndicated daily and Sunday comic strip written and illustrated by Charles M. Schulz, which ran from October 2, 1950, to February 13, 2000 (the day after Schulz's death), continuing in reruns afterward. The strip is considered to be one of the most popular and influential in the history of the medium, with 17,897 strips published in all.
Guardian Angels Day
- We all have guardian angels. Now’s the time to give them recognition and thanks for being in our lives with their own special day. Take the time today to find out how they’ve played a special role in our lives, in various cultures, religions and even foods.
International Day of Non-Violence
- The resolution by the General Assembly asks all members of the UN system to commemorate 2 October in "an appropriate manner and disseminate the message of non-violence, including through education and public awareness."
Inter-American Water Day
- to pay tribute to water as the basis of our existence. This special day highlights the importance of water for the well-being, health and sustainable development of all humankind.
Phileas Fogg's Wager Day
- from Jules Verne’s Around the World in Eighty Days, of the famous wager upon which the book is based: “I will bet twenty thousand pounds against anyone who wishes, that I will make the tour of the world in eighty days or less.”
World Card making Day
- kicking off the holiday card-making season, the most popular time for creating and sharing handmade greetings.
National French Fried Scallops Day
- take the time to learn new recipes, or indulge in fried-scallops at your favorite local seafood restaurant. Fried scallops are high in protein and vitamin B12, though the frying process does add extra fat.
Name Your Car Day
- Every car has character and personality. We spend a lot of time in our cars, and caring for them. So, its only fitting that each car gets its own name. What will you name your car?
International Frugal Fun Day
- a day to enjoy fun activities that are free (or very inexpensive). Use your imagination, the possibilities are endless.
World Farm Animal Day
- dedicated to exposing, mourning, and memorializing the more than 58 billion cows, pigs, turkeys, chickens, and other land animals who needlessly suffer and die every year in the world's factory farms and slaughterhouses.
Huckleberry Hound's Birthday 1958
- the day the world "met" Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear and Boo Boo, Mr. Jinks, Pixie and Dixie. The Huckleberry Hound Show was the first animated series to win an Emmy Award.
Spanky's Birthday 1928
- American actor Spanky McFarland (born George Emmett McFarland in Forth Worth, TX) was the most popular member of the Our Gang children's comedy troupe. He got his start while still a baby as an advertising model for a bakery in Dallas because he looked so fat and happy.
Twilight Zone Birthday 1959
- One of television's most revered series, The Twilight Zone (CBS, 1959-64) stands as the role model for TV anthologies. Its sci-fi/fantasy parables explored humanity's hopes, despairs, prides and prejudices in metaphoric ways conventional drama never could.
- (October 2, 1869 – January 30, 1948) Gandi lived modestly in a self-sufficient residential community and wore the traditional Indian dhoti and shawl, woven from yarn that he had spun by hand himself. He ate simple vegetarian food, experimented for a time with a fruitarian diet, and undertook long fasts as a means of both self-purification and social protest.
Send A Smile Day
- A smile is the best perk for the day and the easiest way to spread happiness. So send a smile to everyone you know.
- This was updated by Catherine on October 2, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
When a freebie offer asks for sensitive information like your social security number or a bank account number, you want to leave that freebie site right away!
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.