Virus Appreciation Day
- the opportunity to show a little respect for nasty viruses. Funny - I was thinking it was for computer viruses! So let's take measures to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and even our computers to minimize the risk of serious viruses.
Andy Griffith Show Birthday 1960
- The show’s premiere episode aired on October 3, 1960 with the series finale airing on April 1, 1968. The show was about a widowed sheriff who was trying to run the town of Mayberry, North Carolina while also trying to manage his own life.
Captain Kangaroo Day
- a children's television series which aired weekday mornings on the American television network CBS from October 3, 1955 until 1984, making it the longest-running children's television program of its day
Dick Van Dyke Show Premiere
- an American television sitcom which initially aired on CBS from October 3, 1961 until June 1, 1966. The show was created by Carl Reiner and starred Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore.
Look at the Leaves Day
- Go for a Leaf Walk today and bring a bag for collecting leaves. See how many different kinds you can find.
Mickey Mouse Club Birthday
- a long-running American variety television show that began in 1955, created by Walt Disney and produced by Walt Disney Productions and televised by the American Broadcasting Company, featuring a regular but ever-changing cast of teenage performers.
National Denim Day
- In 1998, an Italian Supreme Court decision overturned a rape conviction because the victim wore jeans, reasoning she must have helped her attacker remove them. People all over the world were outraged. Wearing jeans became an international symbol of protest against erroneous and destructive attitudes about sexual assault.
Ozzie and Harriet Day 1952
- During a period that was to last twenty years, the Nelson Family--Ozzie, his wife Harriet Hilliard, and their two sons, David and Ricky--were regarded as the preeminent icon of the ideal nuclear family.
National Carmel Custard Day
- On this day, fans of caramel custard celebrate by whipping up delicious caramel custards and the sweet Spanish version called flan.
Day of German Unity in Germany
- commemorating the anniversary of German reunification in 1990.
Country Inn, Bed and Breakfast Day
- celebrates the industry's unique style of lodging. Unlike chain hotels, each bed and breakfast and inn has its own personality and is quite different from the next. Some are regal and manor-like, while others are kitschy and funky—and there's every style in between.
- to connect generations through communication, celebration, and education. Creating an age-integrated community leads to a healthy community, where the strengths of one generation meet the needs of another. All generations grow in an appreciation for cultural heritages, traditions, histories and values.
World Communion Day
- one of the most venerable of “special Sundays.” The day has taken on new relevancy and depth of meaning in a world where globalization often has undermined peace and justice -- and in a time when fear divides the peoples of God's earth.
- a good day to give your friendly technician(s) some well deserved appreciation. Who fixes your computer? When your computer goes down, or gets a virus, that tech guy or gal is invaluable. He or she can get your system back up and running faster than you can say "gigabyte".
Change a Light Day
- Individuals are invited to take the online ENERGY STAR Change a Light Pledge, where they can join others nationwide committing to change out at least one light at home.
Butterfly & Hummingbird Day
- for honoring and celebrating the beautiful and unique bird called the hummingbird and admiring the beautiful and colorful butterflies fluttering around.
- This was updated by Catherine on October 3, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Create a separate free email account to use for your freebies - so your personal email doesn't get filled with junk emails.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.