Temporary Insanity Day
- Time for you to spend moments of laughter and joy with all your near and dear ones and do something crazy. On this day in 1859, Congressman Daniel Sickles was the first person to successfully plead temporary insanity in a U.S. court.
National Chocolate Mint Day
- Chocolate Mint Day celebrates anything and everything that is chocolate mint flavored. That includes mint ice cream, mint cookies, mint candies, and chocolate mint desserts such as the cupcakes you see pictured above. Not everyone likes chocolate mint but those who do really love it.
Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
- Fred McFeely Rogers (March 20, 1928 – February 27, 2003) was an American educator, Presbyterian minister, songwriter, and television host. Rogers was most famous for creating and hosting Mister Rogers' Neighborhood (1968–2001), that debuted on February 19, 1968 and featured his gentle, soft-spoken personality and directness to his audiences.
Cherry Coke's Birthday
- Coca-Cola Cherry, originally introduced (and still known in some countries) as Cherry Coke, is a cherry-flavored version of Coca-Cola. It is produced and distributed by The Coca-Cola Company and its bottlers in the United States and some international markets. Long before its official introduction in 1982, many diners and drugstore soda fountains dispensed an unofficial version of Cherry Coke by adding cherry-flavored syrup to the Coca-Cola mix, this drink is called Cherry Cola. Coca-Cola itself did not produce Cherry Coke until 1982, when it introduced its version to a test audience at the 1982 World's Fair. The drink then entered mainstream production in 1985.
Iwo Jima Day (Landing)
- Beginning at dawn, the landing of 30,000 American troops took place on the barren 12-square-mile island of Iwo Jima. Initially there was little resistance, but 21,500 Japanese stood ready underground to fight to the last man to protect massive strategic fortifications linked by tunnels.
Consumer Credit Festival
- How would you celebrate such a day? Cut up our credit cards? Call all our creditors and say "Have a good day!"? Charge up all your credit cards - or pay them all off?
Fly-By for Goblins and others (Fairy)
- Sorry, I could not find anything on this holiday - has anyone ever heard of it?
Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day
- During Engineers Week a concerned effort is made to reach out to school age girls and make them aware of the educational fields that could lead them on the path to engineering careers. Women are severely underrepresented in the engineering profession. Research shows that girls and young women lose interest in subjects and the fields of study leading to engineering careers long before they enter college.
- This was updated by Catherine on February 17, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
A freebie isn't a freebie unless it's free! If a website wants you to pay for a freebie, then don't request it. If they ask for shipping cost, you'll have to decide if it's worth it to you.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.