I'm Not Going to Take It Anymore Day
- A day to fight back and take control of all events that happen in one’s life. Stand up for your rights—it’s so easy to walk away.
National Peking Duck Day
- One of China's national dishes, Peking Duck has been served for centuries to emperors, diplomats, and plain folk alike. This roast duck is known for its delicious, crispy skin, which is sometimes served separately from the meat, which is often served wrapped in thin pancakes.
- Most of what I am finding about maintenance Day is for World of Warcraft and how they are frustrated about this day when the game is down and they cannot play.
How to Cope With World of Warcraft Maintenance Day
- In 1951 the Reid polygraph was introduced. This 5 channel model was capable of recording signals from arm movements, respiration, GSR, blood pressure, and thigh movements. In 1958 the Stoelting Deceptograph was standardized by the US military. In 1966 Stoelting created the polygraph with a non-battery powered galvanometer.
-- Winnie the Pooh Day was created to celebrate the birthday of the creator, A.A. Milne. Winnie the Pooh (and all his friends) were created from stuffed animals Milne's son, Christopher Robin Milne, had as a child. Christopher Robin is also a character in the stories himself. Source
- Winnie the Pooh Day is an opportunity to enjoy your favorite bear and all of his friends. This day was created to celebrate the birth of A.A .Milne in 1882. He was an author of children's story books, and created Winnie the Pooh and his friends. Winnie's pals include Christopher Robin, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, and Roo.
Have some fun today. Celebrate Winnie the Pooh Day by reading some storybooks about the adventures of Winnie and his friends. Don't read them alone. Read them with young children.
- Peter Mark Roget FRS (18 January 1779 – 12 September 1869) was a British physician, natural theologian and lexicographer. He is best known for publishing, in 1852, the Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases (Roget's Thesaurus), a classified collection of related words.
National Sanctity of Human Life Day (or Pro-Life Day)
- On National Sanctity of Human Life Day, our country recognizes that each person, including every person waiting to be born, has a special place and purpose in this world. On this day and throughout the year, we aspire to build a society in which every child is welcome in life and protected in law.
- This was updated by Catherine on January 18, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
Remember that many freebies come with great high-value coupons!
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.