National Harvey Wallbanger Day
- The Harvey Wallbanger was invented in 1952 by three-times world champion mixologist Donato 'Duke' Antone, the brother-in-law of New York state senator Carlo Lanzillotti. The 1982 Milwaukee Brewers were nicknamed "Harvey's Wallbangers," because of the team's nickname and its manager, Harvey Kuenn.
Try A New Recipe Day
- There is something to be said about experimentation when it comes to cooking. There are thousands upon thousands of different dishes and recipes that you can create in your home with the right ingredients.
X-ray Discovery Day
- On this day, physicist Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen (1845–1923) discovered x-rays, beginning a new era in physics and medicine. Although x-rays had been observed previously, it was Röentgen, a professor at the University of Wurzburg (Germany), who successfully repeated x-ray experimentation and who is credited with the discovery.
Abet and Aid Punsters Day
- Laugh instead of groan at incredibly dreadful puns. All-time greatest triple pun: “Though he’s not very humble, there’s no police like Holmes,” from the register of worst puns of Punsters Unlimited.
Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day
- Now is the time to create the heavenly, homey odor of pungently bold cooking. Don’t forget the sauerkraut and garlic!
National Parents as Teachers Day
- To pay tribute to the more than 3,000 organizations offering Parents as Teachers services across the country and around the world. These programs give all parents of young children support and information so all children will learn, grow and develop to realize their full potential.
World Orphans Day
- To facilitate public awareness of social issues surrounding orphans and displaced children's social issues, to highlight the current year’s statistics on the AIDS orphans pandemic and to engage community support for the causes.
- the anniversary of the death of John Duns Scotus - born in Duns, Scotland in 1308, he became known as the originator of the "dunce cap". A day for those who are deemed unintelligent, brainless, witless, foolish, and stupid.
"Days of Our Lives" TV Premiere
- 45th Anniversary Nov 8, 1965 - NBC's longest running soap opera, set in the fictional town of Salem in an unknown state. The series is well known for its epigram, "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of our Lives."
National Ample Time Day
- One day set aside each year to recognize the importance of time management, making ample time in one's life for priorities to make the most of each day and live a completely fulfilling life.
- This was updated by Catherine on November 8, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Filling out form after form can be quite tedious. To make this process faster, you can use autofill software. Autofill software remembers information such as your name and address and automatically fills in the blanks for you on forms. Roboform is a great free autofill software download. The Google toolbar has an autofill function and Firefox offers a free Autofill Form Add On for their browser.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.