Computer Security Day
- The use of computers and the concern for security increase daily. This annual observance reminds people to protect their computers, programs and data at home and at work. More than 1,500 companies participate worldwide.
National Mousse Day
- Did you know that the word "mousse" actually means "foam" in French? Chocolate mousse was once only a specialty of French restaurants during the 1800s, but can now be found in restaurants and households worldwide. To celebrate, make your favorite type of mousse for you and your friends!
Perpetual Youth Day (Dick Clark's Birthday)
- Born in 1929, Dick Clark has basically done it all as a radio personality, game show host and CEO of his own corporation. Once known as "America's oldest living teenager," due to his youthful appearance for so many years.
The Joy of Cooking Published
- America’s favorite all-purpose cookbook was self-published on this date by Irma Rombauer (1877–1962). Rombauer was a comforting voice for cooks during the Depression, and the book grew into an institution. The first commercial edition of the book appeared in 1936, and it offered a revolutionary “action format” (chronologically ordered ingredients followed by instructions) now commonplace in cookbooks. The numerous editions over-seen by Rombauer and later her daughter and grandson sold more than 14 million copies.
St. Andrew's Day
- the feast of Saint Andrew, celebrated on 30 November each year. Saint Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland and St. Andrew's Day is Scotland's official national day, although Burns' Night is more widely observed. In 2006, the Scottish Parliament designated the Day as an official bank holiday.
Day of Friendship
- This is a greeting card holiday since the greeting card companies are the only ones to announce this holiday. There are other officially marked Day of Friendship holidays around the world however none are marked for today.
National Meth Awareness Day
- Methamphetamine abuse is on the rise so it only befitting that a day be set aside to raise the awareness of this terrible drug that is being produced all around the nation. Methamphetamine is an addictive stimulant that is closely related to amphetamine, but has longer lasting and more toxic effects on the central nervous system. It has a high potential for abuse and addiction.
Stay Home Because You're Well Day (Play Hooky Day)
- Today you can call in “well,” instead of faking illness, and stay home from work. Sponsored by the Wellness Permission League of Lebanon, Pennsylvania
- This was updated by Catherine on November 30, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
A freebie isn't a freebie unless it's free! If a website wants you to pay for a freebie, then don't request it. If they ask for shipping cost, you'll have to decide if it's worth it to you.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.