Dick Tracy's Birthday 1931
- Dick Tracy, the stern, upright, big-city police detective in the bright yellow fedora who snagged some of the most sinister criminals known in the comic-strip world, turns 79 years old today.
First Space Vehicle Launched 1957
- Sputnik was the first artificial satellite successfully placed in orbit around the Earth and was launched from the "Baykonur Cosmodrome" at Tyuratam (370 km southwest of the small town of Baykonur) in Kazakhstan.
Leave It to Beaver Birthday
- Leave It to Beaver was created by Amos 'n' Andy writers Joe Connelly and Bob Mosher. The series comprises 234, full-screen, black-and-white episodes, excluding the pilot. The show was televised from October 4, 1957 to June 20, 1963.
Rolie Polie Olie's Birthday 1998
- a children's television cartoon produced by Nelvana and created by William Joyce. The show centers on a little boy who is composed of several spheres and other three-dimensional geometric shapes.
Toot Your Own Flute Day
- intended as a day for shameless self-promotion. No need for modesty, tell everyone how great you are. Celebrate your strong points and take credit for the great things you do. Self-promotion doesn't have to be "bragging."
Child Health Day
- Since 1928, the President has proclaimed one day each year National Child Health Day and people across America have worked together to prevent problems and improve childhood health.
Improve Your Office Day
- Spend the day improving the way you work — find the best place to work, equip your office with the right technology, make your office/home office fit your work style.
World Habitat Day
- World Habitat Day’s purpose is to call attention to the current global state of the human habitat and push toward adequate housing for all.
- On this forth day of the tenth month, recognize all those radio operators whose code word “Ten-Four” signals an affirmative response.
National Frappe Day
- It's time to make, or buy, and drink your favorite Frappe. Perhaps the most popular today, are coffee and mocha frappes, served by coffee shops and cafes.
- Snoopy, whose fictional birthday has been established as October 4, made his first appearance in the Charlie Brown comic strip of October 4, 1950, two days after the strip premiered.
Golf Lovers Day (National Golf Day)
- let this holiday be the day you play a game of golf or at least have some fun learning about the game.
World Day for Animals
- On this day, animal life in all its forms is celebrated, and special events are planned on locations all over the globe.
National Taco Day
- celebrating and enjoying the great taste of a traditional Mexican dish called tacos.
- This was updated by Catherine on October 4, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Create a separate Facebook account without your personal info, to sign up for Facebook freebies without sharing your info.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.