National Story Telling Day
- There’s nothing like hearing a great story, anyone can tell a story. Share a story with a friend today!
Stock Photo credit: naneki
All rights reserved
Ray Kroc's Birthday
- Founder Of McDonalds. Raymond Albert Kroc was born on October 5, 1902, in Oak Park, Illinois, just outside of Chicago. Kroc's first leap into business was with a lemonade stand he ran while he was in grammar school. His next business venture was running a music store that he opened with two friends after his freshman year in high school.
World Teacher's Day
- This day honors those hard working, patient and understanding people whom we entrust our children to. Teachers mold our kids in a positive direction, and affect who they are and who they become. From Kindergarten through college, teachers are an important part of our children's lives.
National Depression Screening Day
- Visit HelpYourSelfHelpOthers.org to find a local organization offering free, anonymous depression and anxiety screenings or take one online today.
Do Something Nice Day
- Do something nice day is a day to do something nice for someone. It doesn't matter how big or how small, doing something nice is good for both the giver and the receiver - heart and soul.
National Apple Betty Day
- A Brown Betty is a simple American dessert made from fruit (usually apple) and sweetened crumbs that is thought to date back to Colonial times."
- This was updated by Catherine on October 5, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Create a Facebook and Twitter account to get freebies, even if you only use it for that.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+. We are even on Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
◊ Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
◊ Frugal Baby Tips: Money-saving tips on diapering, diaper washing, safety, slings and baby carriers, toys, clothing, nursing, menstrual needs, traveling with kids, more!