National Grouch Day
- a day for all Grouches to celebrate their way of life. A Grouch's mission in life is to be as miserable and grouchy as possible, and pass that feeling on to everyone else. Only then will a Grouch feel in touch with his or her world and be happy. Yet, even though a Grouch may show happiness at anyone's misfortune (including his or her own), a Grouch would never admit to being happy. Such is the stability of a Grouch's life: so balanced, and yet so unbalanced.
Charlotte's Web Birthday 1952
- Charlotte's Web is an award-winning children's novel by acclaimed American author E. B. White, about a pig named Wilbur who is saved from being slaughtered by an intelligent spider named Charlotte. The book was first published in 1952, with illustrations by Garth Williams.
I Love Lucy Day 1951
- I Love Lucy is an American television sitcom, starring Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance and William Frawley. The black-and-white series originally ran from October 15, 1951 to May 6, 1957 on CBS.
- A fungi to know and love, the edible mushroom is a big part of global cuisine. Sliced or whole, white button mushrooms are a ubiquitous ingredient in many dishes.
National Roast Pheasant Day
- The pheasant is a beautiful and flavorful fowl that is a popular prize for game hunters in North America and Europe. To coincide with the arrival of pheasant hunting season and to suggest but one way to cook the bird, this day has been designated National Roast Pheasant Day.
National Chicken Cacciatore Day
- Cacciatore means hunter in Italian. However the term means, in a cooking context, chicken cooked hunter-style, with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and green peppers.
- a time for schools to honor the state and for the people of the state to celebrate the achievements of all Missourians
- named in honor of the birthday of that famous American wordsmith, Noah Webster. To recognize this special day, look up words using dictionaries!
My Mom Is A Student Day
- Has your mom gone back to school? Is she chasing that degree? Give her a present to let her know you are proud of her.
Sunday School Appreciation Day
- a natural time to show your teachers that you do, indeed, appreciate all of the hard work, planning, and time commitment that they have put in to this Sunday school year.
International Day of Rural Women
- Rural women, mainly farmers, are at least 1.6 billion and represent more than a quarter of the total world population. Women produce on average more than half of all the food that is grown: up to 8O per cent in Africa, 6O per cent in Asia, between 3O and 4O per cent in Latin America and Western countries.
- On this day, or throughout October, radiologists provide free or discounted screening mammograms. The event is sponsored by the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month organization.
White Cane Safety Day
- set aside to celebrate the achievements of people who are blind or visually impaired and the important symbol of blindness and tool of independence, the white cane.
National Boss Day
- to show appreciation for all bosses and to improve the relationship between employees and their bosses. In particular, younger employees often do not realize the problems bosses face in running a business.
National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- Each year, approximately a million pregnancies in the U.S. end in miscarriage, stillbirth or the death of the newborn child. This day offers us the opportunity to increase our understanding of the great tragedy involved in the deaths of unborn and newborn babies. It also enables us to consider how, as individuals and communities, we can meet the needs of bereaved parents and family members on work to prevent causes of these problems.
- This was updated by Catherine on October 15, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Make sure that everything you entered in the form is correct. A wrong address may get the free sample to a neighbor instead of you!
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.