National Dessert Day
- For just one day, forget about the calories and high fat content in many desserts. Make your own desserts, buy them at the store, or go out to a restaurant and enjoy a dessert, or two. Make sure to have dessert with family or friends.
Grover's Birthday (Sesame Street)
- Today is the one and only Blue furry cute little monster Grover's Birthday! Grover is a Muppet character on the popular television show Sesame Street. Self-described as lovable and furry, he is a monster who almost never uses contractions when speaking or singing.
Be Bald and Free Day or Bald is Beautiful Day
- a day that we can stop hiding and finally start celebrating what haunts many individuals all over the world. Today, being bald is beautiful. There will be no hats, crooked toupees, or cover ups of any sort. Let it shine!
National Occupational Therapy Day
- about recognizing the health profession that helps the lives of individuals affected by illness or injury. Occupational therapists work with people of all ages in areas such as physical rehabilitation, mental health services, learning disabilities, pediatrics, environmental adaption and much more.
National FRUMP Day
- In honor of Frugal, Responsible, Unpretentious, Mature Persons, why not be a little frumpy today?
national lower case day
- today is a day to toss out the capitals and write everything in lower case or small letters!
National Take Comfort Day
- Remember to take very good care of yourself. Whether or not you live in a cold climate, homemade soup is purely this---a bowl of comfort that reinforces the body and soul against cold weather, or a bad day at the office.
Winnie-the-Pooh's Birthday 1926
- the date of the first printing of the book "Winnie-the-Pooh".
World Sight Day
- an annual day of awareness held on the second Thursday of October, to focus global attention on blindness and vision impairment.
National Chocolate Covered Insect Day
- Would you try chocolate covered insects for a sweet treat today? Not me! But if you are brave, just close your eyes and bite!
- This was updated by Catherine on October 14, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Read the fine print on all free stuff offers. Don't sign up if they ask for a required survey, gold card offer, promotion requirements, or your credit card information unless you are absolutely sure it's a legitimate offer.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.