International Moment Of Frustration Scream Day
- Also called Scream and Shout Day. To share any or all of our frustrations, everyone around the world will go outdoors at 1200 hours Greenwich time and scream for at least 30 seconds.
- honors the hard labor of farmers throughout American history.
- dubbed "Destiny Day" by many because that is the day Christopher Columbus discovered the New World. However, he really didn't do it on that day in 1492. The real date of discovery was October 13, 1492.
National Day in Spain
- marks the emergence of a large Spanish speaking community of more than 350 million people who share language, values, and traditions.
Discovery Day in Bahamas
- the name of several holidays commemorating the discovery of land, gold, and other significant national discoveries. In the Bahamas Discovery Day is a public holiday on October 12, celebrating the arrival of Christoper Columbus in the New World in 1492. It coincides with the Columbus Day celebrations of many other countries in the Americas. Columbus's initial landfall was on the now-unknown island of Guanahani in the Bahamas in 1492.
Free Thought Day
- Over 300 years ago, on October 12, 1692, Governor William Phipps of the Colony of Massachusetts made a decision that brought to an end the horrendous Salem Witch trials.
National Face Your Fears Day
- to help regular people confront and overcome the fears that hold them back. The purpose of this event is to encourage people to discover more about themselves, their fears and what they can do about them.
- This was updated by Catherine on October 12, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Create a Facebook and Twitter account to get freebies, even if you only use it for that.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.