- Skeptics just won't see or accept what's "a given," what's believed by the majority of the people based on scientific scrutiny. Someone who, without straightforward, tangible, right in your face proof, refuses to believe in any number of things.
National Peanut Festival
- the United States' largest peanut festival, is held each fall in Dothan, Alabama, to honor peanut growers and to celebrate the harvest season.
World Egg Day
- a unique opportunity to help raise awareness of the benefits of eggs and is celebrated in countries all around the world.
It's Train Your Brain Day
- Did you know that just like how you lose muscle mass with age, your brain function begins to decrease when you reach maturity? This happens even if you lead a normal, healthy life.
US Navy Founded
- The U.S. Navy was founded on 13 October 1775.
National Yorkshire Pudding Day
- not meant to be some sort of serious nationalistic statement with sinister undertones. It is merely a day set aside when everyone, be they British or not, can remember, enjoy and celebrate the joys of an age-old recipe.
English Language Day
- In its historical sense, the name English is now conveniently used to comprehend the language of the English people from their settlement in Britain to the present day, the various stages through which it has passed being distinguished as Old, Middle, and New or Modern English.
Emergency Services Day
- to enable everyone to gain a better picture of the emergency services, how they work together and what each one does.
International Day for Reduction of Natural Disasters
- annually observed on the second Wednesday of October to raise the profile of disaster risk reduction. It also encourages people and governments to participate in building more resilient communities and nations.
International Top Spinning Day
- According to the Spinning Top and Yo Yo Museum in Burlington, Wisconson, tops are found in virtually every culture. What can kids learn from playing with tops? Prinicples of physics, art (optical illusions) and math. Go give your top a spin!
National Bring Your Teddy Bear to Work & School Day
- Talk to your child's teacher about everyone bringing their Teddy bears (or other stuffed animals) to school. Then discuss what Teddy saw and did all day. You may be surprised at some of Teddy's wild adventures!
- This was updated by Catherine on October 13, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Don't request every offer you see. Only request those that really interest you, or will donate to charity.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.