It's My Party Day
- What a great opportunity to have some fun. It's a party day. You can make it simple, or elaborate. Invite family and friends. Being mid-October, a Fall or Halloween theme is in order.
Emergency Nurses Day
- salutes the dedication and commitment of emergency nursing professionals, who bring care, comfort, and compassion to patients.
Eleanor Roosevelt's Birthday
- Eleanor Roosevelt began life as a shy, awkward, love-starved child and ended up ' at least in the opinion of "Time" Magazine ' as one of the 100 greatest leaders and revolutionaries of the 20th century. Her birthday, on October 11, is a good excuse to get better acquainted with this precedent-breaking first lady.
World Egg Day
- a unique opportunity to help raise awareness of the benefits of eggs and is celebrated in countries all around the world.
National Sausage Pizza Day
- Preparing pizza at home is the perfect way to get the kids involved in the kitchen . Add sausage to the mix and they’re sure to roll up their sleeves to help prepare a delicious meal the whole family can enjoy together!
- to commemorate the historic landing of Christopher Columbus in the Americas in 1492.
General Pulaski Memorial Day
- in honor of General Kazimierz Pułaski (spelled Casimir Pulaski in English), a Polish hero of the American Revolution. This holiday is held every year on October 11 by Presidential Proclamation, to commemorate his death from wounds suffered at the Siege of Savannah on October 9, 1779 and to honor the heritage of Polish Americans.
International African Diaspora Day
- The African diaspora was the movement of Africans and their descendants to places throughout the world – predominantly to the Americas, then later to Europe, the Middle East and other places around the globe. The term, which has been historically applied in particular to the descendents of the Black Africans who were enslaved and shipped to the Americas by way of the Atlantic slave trade, with the largest population in Brazil.
Native Americans Day
- celebrate Native Americans' Day through learning from educational resources that focus on the traditions, culture and background of Native Americans. It is a day to celebrate the heritage of Native Americans and for both native and non-native cultures to unite so the many aspects of native culture can be shared.
National Kick Butt Day
- On this day we commit to kicking ourselves in the butt to take action on goals we’ve set and not achieved, actions we’ve committed to and not taken, promises we’ve made and not kept, excuses we’ve created that have us stalled and difficulties we’ve faced and not overcome. This is the day we get our butts in gear and move forward in our lives.
National Coming Out Day
- an internationally-observed civil awareness day for coming out and discussion about lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) issues.
Bring Your Teddy Bear to School Day
- Think about your bear sitting at home alone and bored all day. Wouldn’t you like to give your bear a day to remember?
- This was updated by Catherine on October 11, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Don't forget to sign up for free money! iRazoo are free digital dollars that you can trade for Amazon or Best Buy gift cards and other great electronic prizes.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.