Let's make Lego Jello!
Wash out your Mega Bloks, put Jello in them, and you have Lego Jello! Kids love bright-colored wiggly food they can eat with their fingers! (Grown-ups too!)
TIP: You could make ice cubes too!
If you don't have any Mega Bloks to use, you could use this Lego Ice Bricks Tray
1-1/4 cups boiling water (do not add cold water)
1 package (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Gelatin - any flavor
1. Stir boiling water into a dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 3 minutes, until completely dissolved. Pour into clean Mega Bloks.
2. Refrigerate Jello for at least 3 hours or until firm.
3. Dip bottom of Mega Blok in warm water for 15 seconds. Lift Jello from Mega Blok. Store Jello in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
Photo Credit: squidoo.com/jellojigglers
All rights reserved.
From our Facebook fan page:
Alex Summersell posted: And you might want to bleach those blocks before you use them for a jello mold! Kid germs you know.
Laura Robran posted: wow, what a great idea for children's parties. I love this.
Michelle Dabomb Brown posted: Also non flavored cooking spray helps to release the jello. Thinking this might be what I take to the grad party!
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
• CybrTrayd Building Blocks Chocolate Candy Mold
• Lego Ice Bricks Tray
• Mega Bloks Miniblocks Tote Classic
• Jell-O Cherry Gelatin Dessert
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+. We are even on Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
◊ Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
◊ Frugal Baby Tips: Money-saving tips on diapering, diaper washing, safety, slings and baby carriers, toys, clothing, nursing, menstrual needs, traveling with kids, more!