We have a family tradition of Christmas bears - little stuffed bears that would move about the house when the boys were not looking.
The bears always showed up on December 1st, and would hide around the house over the days before Christmas.
The bears would never move if the boys watched them.
But when the boys would get wild and starting to fight, I would get them to look for the bears, and it seemed to help distract them enough.
On Christmas Eve, the bears always found their way onto our Christmas tree.
I been told these little elves are another great way to get small children to behave before Christmas.
The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition with Blue Eyed North Pole Pixie-Elf
-- Year after year, children and adults alike are baffled by the mystery of how Santa really knows who’s been naughty or nice.
After much urging by the elves and Mrs. Claus, Santa has allowed his biggest secret to be revealed in The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition.
Touted as “The best thing since The Night Before Christmas” this gift set includes a light skin, blue eyed North Pole pixie-elf, hardbound children’s book and keepsake box.
Children can register their elf online and receive a special response from Santa.
• Tradition the whole family can enjoy
• Timeless classic
• Touted as the best thing since The Night Before Christmas
• Fun-filled tradition with a lifetime of memories
• Perfect gift for everyone on your Christmas list
Click for more info (US)
Click for more info (Canada)
Click for more info (UK)
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Create a separate free email account to use for your freebies - so your personal email doesn't get filled with junk emails.
Click for more quick freebie tips
• Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
• Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+. We are even on Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Baby Tips: Money-saving tips on diapering, diaper washing, safety, slings and baby carriers, toys, clothing, nursing, menstrual needs, traveling with kids, more!
• Jamberry Nails: The hottest trend in nail design. Get high-end nail art without the fuss of polish - or expensive salon visits! Like us on Facebook!
• Oshawa Journal: A Step Back in Time to the Village of Oshawa - historical family timelines, news clippings, birth/marriage/death/grave records, photos and stories of the people I am researching, as well as the history of streets and houses in the village of Oshawa.