|Photo Credit: Fast Food - Beef Burger ,|
by Ian Britton. Supplied by FreeFoto.com under Creative Commons License
PLUS - interesting books to read and free printables, papercrafts, kid crafts, activities and coloring pages...
National Hamburger Day
-- Although hamburgers originated in Hamburg, Germany, eating a burger on a bun is actually an American tradition. The hamburger as we know it was most likely invented in Seymour, Wisconsin. Each year, the city hosts a hamburger festival called Burger Fest. To celebrate, host a backyard barbeque with your friends and grill up some tasty burgers. Source
Read: The Hamburger: A History, by Josh Ozersky
-- This fast-paced and entertaining book unfolds the immense significance of the hamburger as an American icon. Josh Ozersky shows how the history of the burger is entwined with American business and culture and, unexpectedly, how the burger’s story is in many ways the story of the country that invented (and reinvented) it.
Free Printables, Coloring Pages, Activities and Crafts:
• Hamburger Writing - Super Teacher Worksheets
• HAMBURGER - the short history
• Build Your Own Hamburger Bar... with FREE Printables
• Wear a hamburger hat
• Hamburger Papercraft
• The Future of Food, A Neon-Colored Papercraft Hamburger
• Create a plump hamburger greeting card
• Hamburger coloring pages
• Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
• Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+. We are even on Pinterest!