- Hopefully, everything is going just swell in your life, and you have no need for this day. But, if problems and troubles are looming, try to hold off hitting the panic button until this day arrives. Don't worry. Don't fret. and, above all, don't panic. However, if ever there was a day to panic, today is that day. Run around all day in a panic, telling others you can’t handle it anymore!
National Crabmeat Day
- a day dedicated to crab meat and all of the recipes it is related to, such as crab cakes and crab bisques. The Blue crab is a type of crab commonly used for the production of processed crab meat. The annual amount of blue crab harvested from the Chesapeake Bay make up fifty percent of the total landings in Maryland's commercial fisheries.
- This day celebrates the Battle of Hampton Roads (March 9, 1862), the first battle between armored ships, the Monitor and the Merrimac (the Virginia).
- Barbie is a fashion doll manufactured by the American toy-company Mattel, Inc. and launched in March 1959. American businesswoman Ruth Handler is credited with the creation of the doll using a German doll called Bild Lilli as her inspiration.
Registered Dietitian Day
- commemorates the dedication of RDs as advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world. As the nation's food and nutrition experts, registered dietitians are committed to improving the health of their patients and community.
Joe Franklin Day
- Joe Franklin started in radio when he was 17, as a record librarian at a New York City's WNEW. Even then, he knew his oddball trivia, and the station soon gave him a 15-minute show dedicated to nostalgia about vaudeville. Franklin started in the new medium of television in 1950, pretty much inventing the talk show. The Joe Franklin Show was the longest-running talk show in TV when it ended in 1990, though it has since been eclipsed in longevity by The Tonight Show. Franklin says he did more than 28,000 episodes of the show, which works out to about 1.9 episodes per day over 40 years, so it must be the longest run for one show with one host.
Learn What Your Name Means Day
- There are many online sites with a names/naming theme. To discover the (traditional/conventional) meaning of names, possibly yours, consider any of many sources on the subject. Also try this: Give your name its own meaning that reflects who you are, make the definition uniquely yours (decide for yourself what your own name means).
Get Over It Day
- based on the idea that everyone has SOMETHING to get over. It is the day to finally get over that ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend, those stressful school- or work-related issues, any fears, insecurities, embarrassing moments, bad relationships, etc. If you're not sure what YOU have to get over, just ask your friends what they're tired of hearing you complain about.
- This was updated by Catherine on March 9, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Please tell your friends about Frugal Freebies! If you spread the word about Frugal Freebies, be it by word-of-mouth, blog, website, Facebook, Twitter, or other means, you'll increase the number of Frugal Freebies users. More users equals more feedback and makes me happy!
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.