Spring Fairy Fun Day
- Calling all fairies, elves, gnomes, pixies, sprites, brownies, leprechauns, dragons and other magical and mystical creatures to join us for a day filled with wonder and enchantment. We also invite the human friends of the fae to come play for a day!
National French Bread Day
- celebrates those long, airy loaves with the thin, crispy crust. The French don't actually call them French bread, of course. Their term for their country's signature baked good is "baguette."
Children's Poetry Day
- Children's poetry reminds us of our own childhood, but aside from the nostalgia, it reminds us of how fun song and rhyme can be to tell a story. Teach your child a new poem on Children's poetry day!
National Teenager Day
- They're sullen, moody and always seeming to find the drama in situations. But why shouldn't they have their own holiday? So let your teens run wild, just for one day. No nagging, no screaming. Let him sleep until two in the afternoon. Let her text her friends all day long - even through dinner. But remember, it's ONE DAY ONLY! Normal house rules are back in order at 12:01 on Tuesday.
International Astrology Day
- an annual observance/holiday celebrated by astrologers and astrology enthusiasts. It is seen by astrologers as the beginning (first day) of the astrological year.
National Single Parents Day
- a day set aside to honor and applaud the hard work single parents do each and every day in raising their children. It is a day for honoring the single parent who is basically doing double duty and giving them some respect.
National Teacher Appreciation Day
- teachers play a key role in every individual’s development and evolution. Showing appreciation to them is therefore a fair reward and an act of gratitude that will also make you feel better.
National Common Courtesy Day
- As a society, doesn't it seem courtesy and manners sometimes take a back seat? The world is seemingly full of loud voices on cell phones in all sorts of public venues, line jumpers at business and social events, drivers acting by their own rules.
- This day is about cologne, perfume and all the things that are good-smelling. That even includes potpourri, soaps, lotions and even scented candles. Perfume is a mixture of fragrant essential oils and aroma compounds, fixatives, and solvents used to give the human body, objects, and living spaces a pleasant smell. Women love to wear perfume and men love to smell it on women. Women love to smell cologne on a man as well.
National Flower Day
- National Flowers are a symbol of the representing country. Some national flowers have cultural or religious roots that go back hundreds or even thousands of years and may or may not have been officially adopted. Others have been adopted only in recent years as a result of growing environmental consciousness. In any case, flowers are found to have assumed a significant importance not just in the lives of some persons but the whole nations and in fact, the whole world.
International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination Day
- Initiated by the United Nations General Assembly in 1966 to be observed annually Mar 21, the anniversary of the killing of 69 African demonstrators at Sharpeville, South Africa, in 1960, as a day to remember “the victims of Sharpeville and those countless others in different parts of the world who have fallen victim to racial injustice” and to promote efforts to eradicate racial discrimination worldwide. Read more
World Down Syndrome Day
- The aims of World Down Syndrome Day are to promote awareness and understanding, seek international support, and to achieve dignity, equal rights and a better life for people with Down syndrome everywhere. This date (21/3) represents the 3 copies of chromosome 21, which is unique to people with Down syndrome.
- This was updated by Catherine on March 21, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
ALWAYS email companies when you have a problem, because you might just get something for your time! But don't forget to ALWAYS send them your positive feedback as well, because they might reward you for taking the time to offer a compliment.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.