International Goof-Off Day
- Assuming you won't get in trouble at work or school, go ahead and play some golf, or play video games all day. Spend extra time surfing the net. Go out and spend the day window shopping with your favorite friend. Or, just read sit down and read a book or watch TV. This day is set aside for you to do anything you enjoy doing.
Roller Coaster Day
- In 1884, LaMarcus A. Thompson built a ride at New York's Coney Island to bring people out of the local beer gardens. The tracks carried individual cars that climbed 15 feet in the air and zoomed along at 4 miles per hour. People swarmed to Coney Island to try this novelty for a nickel a ride. Today, the fastest roller coaster is the Alpengeist at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA. at 67 mph!
International Day of the Seal
- In 1982 Congress declared an International Day of the Seal to draw attention to the cruelty of seal hunts and the virtual inevitability of these creatures’ extinction. Zoos and aquariums around the world observe this day with special programs and activities; contact your local affiliate for a schedule of activities. Read more
As Young As You Feel Day
- The saying goes this way: "You're only as old as you feel." I like it better this way: "You're only as young as you feel" or, better yet, "You're only as young as you think."
National Sing Out Day
- What's your favourite song? Share a song with us that makes you want to move your feet or sing out in a happy way!
World Day for Water
- a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
We Love Broccoli Day
- Broccoli is originally an Italian vegetable. It is related to the cauliflower and comes in colors from deep green to purple. Both the florets and stalks are edible; you can eat it raw or cooked. Broccoli can be used in a variety of culinary dishes, and it’s one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat.
American Diabetes Association Alert Day
- a one-day "wake-up" call asking the American public to take the Diabetes Risk Test to find out if they are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes, and inspiring their friends, family members and colleagues to do the same.
- This was updated by Catherine on March 22, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Don't request every offer you see. Only request those that really interest you, or will donate to charity.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.