Ides of March
- On this day in history, Julius Caesar was warned by soothsayers to "beware of the Ides of March". Apparently, he did not heed the warning strongly enough as he was stabbed by Marcus Brutus on the Ides of March in 44 BC.
National Pears Helene Day
- Between the delectable aroma and juicy taste, the only thing better than eating a pear is eating Pears Helene. Pears Helene is a delicious French dessert made with sliced pairs and various toppings such as cinnamon sugar, chocolate sauce, vanilla syrup, and ice cream.
- Marcus Junius Brutus, a leading conspirator in the assassination of Julius Caesar, commits suicide after his defeat at the second battle of Philippi. Two years before, Brutus had joined Gaius Cassius Longinus in the plot against the Roman dictator Julius Caesar, believing he was striking a blow for the restoration of the Roman Republic.
True Confession Day
- Confessing is good for the soul. It can calm the mind and help heal the pain. So really get those tongues wagging at work today by telling all. No holding back. And if you are alone? There's always the mirror.
Companies That Care Day
- an annual national event that encourages employers to highlight and expand their employee and community initiatives, and recognize the people who make their companies successful.
Everything You Think is Wrong Day
- YOU ARE WRONG! Everything you think is wrong. Dead wrong. Your feelings and guts are golden, but those thoughts you’re thinking right now? WRONG! Wrong. wrong. It’s so good to be wrong. Celebrate the splendid liberation from having to be right! You’re wrong, scientists are wrong, and I’m wrong too.
- a day to be totally dumbstruck over the things you see, hear and read. You may easily be dumbstruck to read that someone created this special day. Some people are dumbstruck on a regular basis, day in and day out. The events in their lives and the world around them are overwhelming. Fortunately, that's not you (we hope).
Absolutely Incredible Kid Day
- Campfire USA created this day as a day to show kids they are loved and cared for. Among other things, they suggest you write a letter to your kid today.
World Consumer Rights Day
- Consumers International (CI) has called upon the international community to ensure that safe water and proper sanitation reaches all of the world's six billion consumers. 'Water is a consumer right' is the theme of the World Consumer Rights Day 2004, celebrated on 15 March.
- The turkey vultures return to Hinkley, Ohio every March 15. Because of the popularity of these turkey vultures returning has become so wide-spread, creating a lot of tourists who come to watch them, Buzzard Day is observed and March 15th is said to be its official day.
- This was updated by Catherine on March 14, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Keep an attitude of gratitude. Freebie hunting is more of a game of being at the right place at the right time - if you get the freebie, you won!
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.