Elvis Presley's Birthday
- Elvis Aaron Presley was born to Vernon and Gladys Presley in a two-room house in Tupelo, Mississippi, on January 8, 1935. His twin brother, Jessie Garon, was stillborn, leaving Elvis to grow up as an only child. He and his parents moved to Memphis, Tennessee, in 1948. In 1954, Elvis began his singing career with the legendary Sun Records label in Memphis.
Bubble Bath Day
- It's a day to celebrate bubble baths in every way you can think of! The perfect time to pamper yourself with a warm bubble bath. Make a tub of bubbles, soak yourself and bust the stress. Why not try making your own bubble bath? Share some soothing bath recipes or even have a bubble bath party!
Midwife or Women's Day
- celebrated each year in Greece to honor midwives and all women. “On this day women stop their housework and spend their time in cafés, while the men do all the housework chores and look after the children.” In some villages, men caught outside “will be stripped … and drenched with cold water.”
National Joy Germ Day
- devoted to sending rousing ripples of joy and good cheer, kindness and courtesy, happiness and humor, sacredness and silliness to those you meet and greet. You’ll be spreading that contagious “disease” called Joy-germ Fever.
National Show and Tell Day
- Since students have show and tell at school, adults should get to do the same. Why should your kindergartner have all the fun? Now you can really show your friends or office mates just how weird you really are.
War On Poverty Anniversary
- President Lyndon Johnson declared a War on Poverty in his State of the Union address on January 8, 1964. He stressed improved education as one of the cornerstones of the program. The following Aug 20, he signed a $947.5 million anti-poverty bill designed to assist more than 30 million citizens.
National English Toffee Day
- a time to appreciate English toffee, a chocolate brittle treat. English toffee is considered to be the favorite toffee of North America. Typically, English toffee is made with chocolate, sugar, butter, almonds and vanilla.
Milk Carton Birthday
- The first milk cartons were distributed in the San Francisco area as early as 1906, but there were still improvements to be made. In 1915 John Van Wormer received a patent for his folded paper milk carton referred to as a "paper bottle." Van Wormer, who owned a toy factory in Toledo, Ohio was prompted to create a carton after dropping a glass bottle of milk. His cartons were delivered to dairies flatten form. The dairy could then fold, fill and seal the cartons.
Male Watcher's Day
- a day for all of you ladies out there to go out and watch the guys. After all, they have their fun watching the ladies. Now, it's your turn. It is okay to perform Male Watching discreetly, or quite visibly. Single, unattached ladies may prefer to be seen male watching.......for obvious reasons.
- This was updated by Catherine on January 8, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
Give us feedback on freebies. When you give feedback, you help other freebie hunters! For example, if you see a freebie listed as available in the USA and Canada, but it's actually only available for the US, or no longer available - leave a comment here or post to the Frugal-Freebies forum and let us know.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.