Elvis Presley Inducted Into the Army
- When Elvis Presley turned 18 on January 8, 1953, he fulfilled his patriotic duty and legal obligation to register his name with the Selective Service System, thereby making himself eligible for the draft. After several deferments, on March 24, 1958, Elvis Presley was finally inducted, starting his day as the King of Rock and Roll, but ending it as a lowly buck private in the United States Army.
National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day
- a day to enjoy this tasty combination of chocolate and fruit. Chocolate lovers who like raisins, find the combination simply irresistible. Kids find them irresistible, too.
United Nations: World Tuberculosis Day
- Each year, 9 million people become ill with tuberculosis and nearly 5000 people die every day. Yet tuberculosis is curable with inexpensive treatment options. Between now and 2015, at least 8 million people will die from tuberculosis if we don't take action now. With greater investment in TB research and treatment, we can stop the unnecessary spread of TB around the world.
Harry Houdini's Birthday
- Harry Houdini (born Erik Weisz; March 24, 1874 – October 31, 1926) was a Hungarian-born American magician and escapologist, stunt performer, actor and film producer noted for his sensational escape acts. He was also a skeptic who set out to expose frauds purporting to be supernatural phenomena.
- This was updated by Catherine on March 25, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Get a free online voice mail box at Simple Voice Box, K7 unified messaging system or JConnect. For Canada use Budphone.ca. Some forms will allow you to fill in “UL” or “unlisted.” And remember to register your home and cell phone numbers to the National Do Not Call Registry.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.