Run up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes Day
- Be creative today. Use this day to try and test new ideas and concepts. Don't limit the ideas to business applications. In your personal life, try out a new dress or clothing style, perhaps a different haircut. Or, maybe buy a new houseflag and run it up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes...or even notices.
National Cream Puff Day
- Cream puffs are rich desserts that have been around since 1880 in the United States. However, the first cream puff originated sometime during the 1540's in Europe when Catherine de Medici's pastry chef created the baked puffed shells for her husband, France's Henry II.
Science Fiction Day
- celebrated by enjoying a day of science fiction fun - such as watching science fiction movies, watching history on UFO's and even having some classroom fun by having a science fiction day at school. We are encouraged on this day to make ourselves aware of the possibilities of space, our universe and the idea of aliens.
Happy Mew Year for Cats Day
- Felines have a day for themselves to celebrate the “mewness” of a new time.
Boo Boo Bear's Birthday
- Boo-Boo Bear is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character on The Yogi Bear Show. Boo-Boo is an anthropomorphic bear cub in a bow tie, of uncertain relationship to Yogi Bear, who often acts as Yogi Bear's conscience. He tries (usually unsuccessfully) to keep Yogi from doing things he should not do, and also to keep Yogi from getting into trouble with Ranger Smith
National Motivation and Inspiration Day
- intended as a day for people to create reasonable goals that they can establish for the year, like New Year’s Resolutions and make a plan to complete them.
55-MPH Speed Limit Day
- Today marks the anniversary of the 55 MPH speed limit on highways. This caused a bit of controversy back then, but President Nixon ultimately signed the bill to conserve energy during the oil crisis in the 70's.
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy Day
- recorded in 1941, a major hit for The Andrews Sisters and an iconic World War II tune. This song can be considered an early jump blues recording. The song is ranked #6 on Songs of the Century.
Positive Postcard Day
- Here's how Positive Postcards work . . .
First, write down seven positive traits about yourself. Next, obtain seven postcards. Write a note to yourself about each trait on a different postcard. When you are done, you will have seven postcards, each with a note to yourself about one of the positive traits you listed.
Working Women in the White House Day
- President Benjamin Harrison welcomes Alice Sanger as the first female White House staffer on this day in 1890. Alice Sanger's appointment may have been an olive branch to the growing women's suffrage movement that had gathered momentum during Harrison's presidency.
Night Vision Birthday
- In 1936, AEG was ordered to start the development of infrared night-vision devices and in 1939, first successful prototype unit for use with 37mm Pak 35/36 L/45 anti-tank gun was constructed. In autumn of 1942, unit for use (infrared headlamp with viewer ZG 1221) with 75mm PaK 40 L/46 anti-tank gun was constructed and was also mounted on Marder II.
National Woman's Party Day
- In 1913 a group of the National American Women's Suffrage Association split off and named itself the Congressional Union for Woman's Suffrage. The union established branches in nine states, including Texas, in 1916, before merging with the National Woman's party the following year.
- This was updated by Catherine on January 2, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
Checking for free sample opportunities every day, or even several times a day, will greatly increase your chances of getting them. Since there are only a certain number of free samples per offer, you'll want to sign up as soon as you can. Free samples are almost always offered on a first come first served basis.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.