National Opposite Day
- Opposite Day is a topsy, turvy day when everything you say, do, see, and hear are the opposite. If you say go left, you mean go right. If you say look up, it means look down. If you see your left foot...is it really your right?
- Years ago, it was the thing to do – fluoride dental treatments for the kids. Later came fluoride toothpaste and cities were told that water fluoridation would benefit citizens. Now some are questioning that practice.
A Room Of One's Own Day
- a time to appreciate the joy of having your own room to duck into when you're tired, relaxed, or want to avoid family members. If you don't have your room, spend today fantasizing about what it would feel like to not have to share a room with the person/people/animals/aliens that you currently live with.
101 Dalmatian's Birthday
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians, often abbreviated as 101 Dalmatians, is a 1961 American animated film produced by Walt Disney and based on the novel The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith. The plot centers on the fate of the kidnapped puppies of Pongo and Perdita.
Nellie Bly Day
- Nellie Bly was the pseudonym of Elizabeth Cochrane Seaman, a New York journalist whose muckraking made her a 19th century celebrity. A victim of personal hardship growing up, she specialized in stories of the downtrodden, especially indigent women and children. She kicked up dust as the voice of the powerless in Joseph Pulitzer's New York World, and became nationally known for reporting on rotten workplace conditions and government corruption. Her national celebrity reached its peak in 1890 after a 72-day trip around the world, a public relations "challenge" to the character Phileas Fogg from Jules Verne's Around the World in Eighty Days.
Better Business Communication Day
- a day set aside to encourage all workers to acknowledge the importance of effective communication in the workplace. Tips, workshops and seminars will be offered around this day to help workers improve their communication skills.
Macintosh Computer Day
- Named after the McIntosh variety of apple, the original Macintosh computer was released by Apple Inc. in 1984. Using a graphical user interface and mouse instead of the then-standard command line interface, the "Mac" garnered an immediate, enthusiastic following. However, many software developers shied away from the challenge of rewriting command-driven programs, and there was little software initially available for the new system.
National Irish Coffee Day
- To appreciate the great taste of a world famous alcoholic coffee called An Irish Coffee. If you've never had it before, give it a try. Let today be the day you try this popular drink.
- This was updated by Catherine on January 25, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
One reader doesn't like using her real name, so she has her dog apply for all the freebies. She uses her last name so the mail will get there. She knows when a spam phone call comes in because they ask for the dog.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.