National Compliment Day
- How nice of you to visit our site today. I can see by your choice of websites, that you are an intelligent person. You are a kind and inquisitive person. I love the way you...... Yes, its Compliment Day. Today is a great opportunity to say something positive about the people you come into contact with. Everyone has good attributes. Yes, even your Mother-in-Law!
"Just Do It" Day
- Want to run a marathon? JUST DO IT! Want to get a better job? JUST DO IT! Want to find a mate? JUST DO IT!
That's right, JUST DO IT!! While it may take months to accomplish, make today the day you set the plan in place. Set your goals high and run with it. Get off your butt and starting doing the unthinkable.
National Speak Up and Succeed Day
- Fewer than 3 percent of Americans have no fear of public speaking or have never felt shy. Yet, the top-rated skill for success is effective communication skills. Face your fear of public speaking and speak out anyway — speak up at a committee meeting, voice your opinion to a group of colleagues, give the toast at a special event, volunteer to chair a program, join Toastmasters. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Eskimo Pie Patent Day
- The Eskimo Pie was patented by Christian K. Nelson, an ice cream salesman in Onawa, Iowa in 1919. Company legend days the frozen novelty industry was created in response to a young customer's indecision. The oft-repeated story recounts that eight-year-old Douglas Ressenden only had enough money for one treat, but could not decide between an ice cream sandwich and a chocolate candy bar. Nelson, too, soon found himself confounded over the dilemma and started to wonder, "why not combine the two treats?"
Gold Discovered in California
- discovery of California gold made at Capt. John A. Sutter and James W. Marshall’s sawmill, on American Fork River, California.
Belly Laugh Day
- Celebrate the great gift of laughter. Join the Belly Laugh Bounce ‘Round the World. On January 24 at 1:24 p.m. (local time) smile, throw your arms in the air and laugh out loud.
Beer Can Appreciation Day
- celebrates that great day in 1935 when beer was first sold in cans. In 1931, anticipating the end of Prohibition, American Can began to experiment with canned beer. Most cans at that time only needed to withstand a pressure of 2535 lb per square inch, but beer needed a container that would withstand in excess of 80 Ib per square inch, otherwise there would be a major problem with cans bursting along the welded seam.
National Peanut Butter Day
- Today is not just about the love of peanut butter but it's all about the people who love peanut butter too! You may have grow up eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a kid. So for this holiday find as many recipes as you can that uses peanut butter and enjoy each and every peanut butter bite.
- This was updated by Catherine on January 24, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
If a freebie is limited to only the first 1,000 participants - you may not be in that group and the site may just be collecting your information.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.