International Thank You Day
- a wonderful opportunity to identify and reveal things for which you're grateful, and express them with simple acts of thanks. Are you overdue in expressing thanks to your family, pets, friends, co-workers, neighbors, the mail carrier, or the Universe (God or whatever you like to call him or her)? If so, now's the perfect time to put that "thank you" out there.
National Hot Toddy Day
- Hot toddy is a name given to a mixed drink that is served hot, believed to have originated in the 18th century to make the taste of scotch more palatable to women. Traditionally drunk before going to bed, or in wet and cold weather and in the past they were believed to help cure the cold and flu.
Secret Pal Day
- is a fun way to remind each other how special we are! Being someone's Secret Pal doesn't have to be expensive -- in fact, like most things in life, simple is best.
Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend Day
- a day just for mischievous fun. After all, any kid knows that splashing and jumping into puddles is fun. And, when that results in splashing a friend, your joy is complete.
- This day was chosen because, reputedly, milk was delivered in glass bottles for the first time in 1878 on this day. Glass bottles allowed milk to be delivered in sanitary conditions to customers. Before that, it was brought round in large milk cans, often open to the elements, and you'd bring your pail and they'd ladle out what you wanted.
Cigarettes Are Hazardous To Your Health Day
- US Surgeon General Luther Terry issued the first government report in 1964, saying that smoking may be hazardous to one’s health.
- 1770, John Bartram of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, received the first shipment of rhubarb sent to the United States
- This was updated by Catherine on January 11, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
Create a separate Facebook account without your personal info, to sign up for Facebook freebies without sharing your info.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.