National Clean Off Your Desk Day
- What does your desk look like right now? Everything neatly stored away in its proper place? Or piles of assorted paper everywhere? How about setting a New Year's resolution to get your office (home or work) in order? Think about all the problems that a messy desk causes you -- you are late paying bills, you can't find important papers when you need them, you look at the stacks and are filled with a sense of panic. Just taking a few minutes to clean out the obsolete and invest a few minutes creating a clean, efficient workspace for yourself.
National Bittersweet Chocolate Day
- Bittersweet chocolate has at least 35% chocolate liquor. Some people use the word semi-sweet chocolate for bittersweet chocolate as semisweet can have up to 35% chocolate liquor. However, a high-quality bittersweet chocolate can contain at least 60% chocolate liquor. When this is compared with semi-sweet chocolate, there is a difference in taste.
Peculiar People Day
- in honor of uniquely different people. Un-ordinary, extraordinary, unusual, strange, odd, uncommon, intriguing, different, abnormal, and quirky. These are all things that we think of to describe the word "peculiar". Most of these characteristics can be viewed as good, or not so good. Today is a day to look for the good in your peculiar acquaintances.
National Cut Your Energy Costs Day
- A day to educate people on the ways they can stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer while saving money on their energy bills. By following a few easy steps, home owners and renters can put a reasonable ceiling on their heating and cooling costs and stay comfortable.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Birthday
- The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a mid-size sport utility vehicle produced by the Jeep division of Chrysler. The Grand Cherokee debuted in grand fashion at the 1992 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. Then-Chrysler president Robert Lutz drove Detroit mayor, Coleman Young up the steps of Cobo Hall and through a plate glass window to show off the new vehicle.
First Meeting of United Nations
- On the 26th anniversary of the establishment of the unsuccessful League of Nations, delegates from 51 nations met at London, England in 1946, for the first meeting of the UN General Assembly.
Where's the Beef Day
- Anniversary of the first time Wendy's Restaurant's commercial aired in 1984 with Clara Peller asking "Where's The Beef?"
- This was upated by Catherine on January 10, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
Scam.com is your first choice if you are a true freebie hunter and want to research if some freebie is a valid one. 419eater is an active freebie hunter discussion board. PurPortal is a huge searchable database of scams which seems to be updated regularly. There are 4 sections: scams, urban legends, viruses and phishing sites.
PLUS: List of freebie hunter sites that are spam, scam or phishing and 5,700 Chinese scams.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.