- recognizes the importance of stay at home wives and moms. Also referred to as "Retro" Housewife Day. These wonderful, caring creatures, build and enrich strong family environments. They help to instill family values and good character.
- to honor and enjoy sandwiches! Let this month be the month you try a new type of sandwich that you've never had before. You just may find a new favorite. Or.... why not have some fun and invent a new sandwich yourself and share it with your family.
- Use clichés as much as possible today. Hey, why not? Give it a shot! Win some, lose some. You’ll never know ’til you try it.
Public Television Birthday
- A string of local educational TV channels united on this day in 1969, under the Public Broadcasting System banner. Today there are more than 350 PBS stations.
Give Someone a Dollar Today Day
- For some folks, a dollar may truly be more than they can give. That's OK! Because it's the intention and the love of giving unconditionally that matters, not the amount. Give what you can, a dime, a quarter, whatever is manageable for you.
- This distress signal was first adopted by the German government in radio regulations effective April 1, 1905, and became the worldwide standard under the second International Radiotelegraphic Convention, which was signed on November 3, 1906 and became effective on July 1, 1908.
First US Income Tax
- The first American citizens receive information over the new national income tax in 1913. A married man living with his wife, who is in receipt of an income of $5,000 pays $10 a year and if his income is $10,000 he pays $60 per year.
- This was updated by Catherine on November 3, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Remember, Frugal-Freebies.com doesn't give out the freebies, I only post the freebies I find on the net. So to increase your chances of the freebies arriving in your mail, you could stick to the offers from the larger companies (i.e.: Wal-Mart, P&G, Kroegers, Sam's Club, etc.). However, lots of readers post on the Frugal Freebies forum saying they can't believe the amount of free stuff they've received in the mail, even though not every freebie will turn up from the other sites posted.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.