- Our planet, our home is being neglected. Climate change continues unabated. It seems there's a new ecological disaster happening almost daily. This Earth Day it's time to mobilize the planet from the ground up to send a message that the Earth won't wait! Source
Read: It's Earth Day! (Little Critter)
• Earth Day Printables
• Earth Day Quiz
Robert Oppenheimer Born
- Julius Robert Oppenheimer (April 22, 1904 – February 18, 1967) was an American theoretical physicist and professor of physics at the University of California, Berkeley. Along with Enrico Fermi, he is often called the "father of the atomic bomb" for his role in the Manhattan Project, the World War II project that developed the first nuclear weapons. Source
Read: J. Robert Oppenheimer: A Life
• World War II Printables
Oklahoma Land Rush Began
- The Oklahoma Land Rush of 1889 was the first land run into the Unassigned Lands and included all or part of the 2005 modern day Canadian, Cleveland, Kingfisher, Logan, Oklahoma, and Payne counties of the U.S. state of Oklahoma. The land run started at high noon on April 22, 1889, with an estimated 50,000 people lined up for their piece of the available two million acres (8,000 km²). Source
Read: The Oklahoma Land Rush, Lucky Luke #20
• Oklahoma Printable Pages
• Oklahoma Unit Study
National Jelly Bean Day
- a time to enjoy gobs and gobs of jelly beans. Jelly beans date back to at least the 1860's. Advertisements promoted sending jelly beans to Union troops fighting in the Civil War. Source
Read: Jelly Beans and Gummy Things
• The Sweet Tooth Factory - A Unit Study on Fractions
• Jelly Bean Lessons and Printables
• Mr. Jelly Belly colouring pages
Girl Scout Leader Appreciation Day
- without adult volunteers acting as Girl Scout leaders, there wouldn't be this type of nurturing environment for girls. April 22, Girl Scout Leader's Day, is set aside for appreciating adult volunteers who make a difference in children's lives. Source
Read: Girl Scouts: A Celebration of 100 Trailblazing Years
• Girl Scout Crafts and Printables
• Girl Scout colouring pages
Printable April 2012 Colouring Calendar
- colour and use to keep track of your commitments and social life.
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
- This was posted by Catherine on April 22, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Please tell your friends about Frugal Freebies! If you spread the word about Frugal Freebies, be it by word-of-mouth, blog, website, Facebook, Twitter, or other means, you'll increase the number of Frugal Freebies users. More users equals more feedback and makes me happy!
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+.