Railroad 1st Crossed the Mississippi River
- The first railroad bridge across the Mississippi River crossed the river from Rock Island, Illinois to Davenport, Iowa. The first train crossed on April 21, 1856. Source
Read: Regional Railroads of the Midwest (MBI Railroad Color History)
• Train Printables
• Train Coloring Book
• Train Coloring Page
Mark Twain Died
- Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 – April 21, 1910), better known by his pen name Mark Twain, was an American author and humorist. He is most noted for his novels, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876), and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1885), the latter often called "the Great American Novel." Source
Read: Autobiography of Mark Twain
• Samuel Langhorne Clemens "Mark Twain" Coloring Page
John Adams First Vice President
- On April 21, 1789, John Adams, the first vice president of the United States, began his duties as president of the Senate. He enjoyed a cordial but distant relationship with President Washington, who sought his advice on occasion but relied primarily on the cabinet. Source
Read: John Adams: Second President 1797-1801 (Getting to Know the U.S. Presidents)
• John Adams Worksheets and Coloring Pages
- in honor of Friedrich Froebel who was born on April 21, 1782 and who started the first Kindergarten in Germany in 1837. The school was built upon a series of innovative principles that used the innate curiosity and interests of children to guide them to see what Froebel believed to be the harmonious, interconnectedness of all things. Source
Read: The Night Before Kindergarten
• My Kindergarten Portfolio
• Alphabet Coloring Books
• Resources for Homeschooling Kindergarten
San Jacinto Day
- a day of state pride for many Texans in the United States on April 21 each year. It commemorates a battle between the Texas Army and Mexican forces about 25 miles from downtown Houston, Texas, on April 21, 1836. This became known as the Battle of San Jacinto and was a turning point for Texas' independence from Mexico. Source
Read: San Jacinto (Images of America: California)
• Texas colouring page
• Texas Bob's Texas Coloring Book
Printable April 2012 Colouring Calendar
- colour and use to keep track of your commitments and social life.
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
- This was posted by Catherine on April 21, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Give us feedback on freebies. When you give feedback, you help other freebie hunters! For example, if you see a freebie listed as available in the USA and Canada, but it's actually only available for the US, or no longer available - leave a comment here or post to the Frugal-Freebies forum and let us know.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+.