- When you're in love, everyday is Lover's Day. Sometimes however, shy and timid people need a little incentive to express their love or to take a "leap". Valentine's Day is one such opportunity. Lover's Day is yet another chance at love. Source
Read: Going to the Chapel
• Romantic Printables
• Romantic colouring pages
James Buchanan's Birthday
- James Buchanan, Jr. (April 23, 1791 – June 1, 1868), was the 15th President of the United States (1857–1861). He is the only president from Pennsylvania and the only president who remained a lifelong bachelor. His niece Harriet Lane played the role as lady of the house. Source
Read: James Buchanan: The American Presidents Series: The 15th President, 1857-1861
• James Buchanan Worksheets and Coloring Pages
Shakespeare Birth and Death
- William Shakespeare (baptized 26 April 1564; died 23 April 1616) was an English poet and playwright, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist. His surviving works, including some collaborations, consist of about 38 plays, 154 sonnets, two long narrative poems, and several other poems. His plays have been translated into every major living language and are performed more often than those of any other playwright. Source
Read: Complete Selection of William Shakespeare Books
• Bookworm's Delight Printables
• Shakespeare printables
• Teacher's Resources
First Movie Theater
- A hundred and seven years ago today, America's first motion picture theater opened to the public. Its name, the Nickelodeon, combines the price of admission with 'odeon,' the ancient Greek word for theater. Film critic Bob Mondello says the price has gone up now, but the experience remains timeless. Source
Read: Cinema Under the Stars: America's Love Affair with Drive-In Movie Theaters
• National Popcorn Day Coloring Page and Recipe
• Free or Cheap Summer Movies for Kids
National Cherry Cheesecake Day
- So why not have a day set aside just for celebrating this amazing creation, right?
In 1872, cream cheese was invented by an American dairymen, William Lawrence of Chester, N.Y., who accidentally developed a method of producing cream cheese while trying to reproduce a French cheese called Neufchatel. William Lawrence distributed his brand in foil wrappers from 1880 under the name of the Empire Company.
He called his cheese PHILADELPHIA Brand Cream Cheese, now a famous trademark. His company the Empire Cheese Company of South Edmeston, New York, manufactured the cream cheese. Source
Read: Junior's Cheesecake Cookbook: 50 To-Die-For Recipes for New York-Style Cheesecake
Cheesecake colouring pages
Read Me Day
- Book’em, a local children’s literacy organization, celebrated its annual Read Me Day. Read Me Day is Book’em’s annual celebration of the importance and fun of reading. Source
Read: Read, Remember, Recommend: A Reading Journal for Book Lovers
• Make you own book
• Read All About Me poster
• Make your own All About Me books
Printable April 2012 Colouring Calendar
- colour and use to keep track of your commitments and social life.
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
- This was posted by Catherine on April 23, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Have realistic expectations: While I try very hard to only provide links to legitimate offers, sometimes the freebies still don't arrive. This could be because the company did not having a large enough supply to cover the response they got. It is also possible that a spammer has set up a site to gather email addresses (another important reason to use an alternate email account) and never intended to send you a freebie at all. Be aware that this can happen and although I do my best to avoid such sites, it is a part of getting freebies over the Internet.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+.