- Everyone has heard of April Fool's Day, but what about Cuckoo Day? Traditionally, the return of the cuckoo bird in mid-April represents the start of spring. Some towns go as far as to celebrate with cuckoo fairs, drawing hundreds of visitors. Source
• Cuckoo colouring pages
• Cuckoo Clock colouring pages
Marie and Pierre Curie Isolated Radium
- Radium was isolated in its metallic state by Marie Curie and André-Louis Debierne through the electrolysis of radium chloride in 1910. Since its discovery, it has given names like radium A and radium C2 to several isotopes of other elements that are decay products of radium-226. Source
• Pierre and Marie Curie Coloring Page
Adolf Hitler's Birthday
- Adolf Hitler's 50th birthday on April 20, 1939 was celebrated as a national holiday in Nazi Germany. On that day, the largest military parade in the history of the Third Reich was held in Berlin. Source
• Germany Printables
• World War II Printables
Hot Springs National Park Established
- Established from Hot Springs Reservation, Hot Springs National Park is a United States National Park in central Arkansas adjacent to the city of Hot Springs. Hot Springs Reservation was initially created by an act of the United States Congress on April 20, 1832, and the area was made a national park on March 4, 1921. It is the smallest national park by area in the United States. Source
• Hot Springs National Park Coloring Page
National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day
- The first Pineapple Upside-down cake recipe was likely one found in a 1924 fund-raising cookbook published in Seattle. However, the Dole company is credited for popularizing the cake during the 1940’s. Source
• Pineapple Party Invitations
• Pineapple Printable Activities
National Weed Day
- April 20 has evolved into a counterculture holiday, where people gather to celebrate and consume cannabis. Some events have a political nature to them, advocating for the decriminalization of non-medical cannabis in the United States. Over the years, theories about the meaning of 420 have pointed to California's penal code section for marijuana use, the police radio code for smoking pot, and the best day to plant cannabis, according to Snopes. Source & Source
• Marijuana printables
Printable April 2012 Colouring Calendar
- colour and use to keep track of your commitments and social life.
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
- This was posted by Catherine on April 20, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Checking for free sample opportunities every day, or even several times a day, will greatly increase your chances of getting them. Since there are only a certain number of free samples per offer, you'll want to sign up as soon as you can. Free samples are almost always offered on a first come first served basis.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+.