National High Five Day
- This holiday was started by college students! More than 200 participants nationwide will give out 55 high-fives each and fund raise for donations as part of the National High-5-A-Thon For Cancer Research. Source
• Hi-5 TV show colouring pages, games and activites
Yom Ha Shoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day)
- observed as Israel's day of commemoration for the approximately six million Jews and five million others who perished in the Holocaust as a result of the actions carried out by Nazi Germany and its accessories, and for the Jewish resistance in that period. Source
• Jewish Holiday colouring pages
• Holocaust Remembrance Day printables
Lucretia Garfield's Birthday
- Wife of Union General James A. Garfield. Lucretia Rudolph was born on April 19, 1832, in Hiram, Ohio, the eldest of four children of Zebediah Rudolph, a prosperous carpenter-farmer, and Arabella Mason Rudolph. Source
• Lucretia Rudolph Garfield Coloring Page
• James A. Garfield Worksheets and Coloring Pages
- On April 19, 1775, British and American soldiers exchanged fire in the Massachusetts towns of Lexington and Concord. On the night of April 18, the royal governor of Massachusetts, General Thomas Gage, commanded by King George III to suppress the rebellious Americans, had ordered 700 British soldiers, under Lieutenant Colonel Francis Smith and Marine Major John Pitcairn, to seize the colonists' military stores in Concord, some 20 miles west of Boston. Source
• Revolutionary War Printables
• Paul Revere's Ride Coloring Page
- The plant of the day according to the medieval calendar is garlic (Allium sativum*), dedicated to St Leo. Garlic probably has more folklore associated with it than any other plant food, which is not surpising due to its ancient origins, widespread distribution and its strong smell and pungent taste. Source
• Garlic colouring page
• They Love Garlic colouring page
Printable April 2012 Colouring Calendar
- colour and use to keep track of your commitments and social life.
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
- This was posted by Catherine on April 19, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Get a free online voice mail box at Simple Voice Box, K7 unified messaging system or JConnect. For Canada use Budphone.ca. Some forms will allow you to fill in “UL” or “unlisted.” And remember to register your home and cell phone numbers to the National Do Not Call Registry.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+.