Satisfied Staying Single Day
- As Valentine’s Day approaches, some single folks would like to point out that they’re quite content buying candy and flowers for no one but themselves.
National Peppermint Patty Day
- nothing is quite as refreshing as a piece of peppermint patty candy, right? The mixture of melt-in-your-mouth chocolate over a refreshingly cool concoction of peppermint simply explodes in the mouth! Peppermint patties have been around for years. In 1940, the York Cone Company manufactured the patties in York, Pennsylvania. According to the website, the patties were such a hit, the company's other products were discontinued in order to produce more of the patties.
Be Electrific Day
- A day to honor the birth of Thomas Alva Edison and recognize his electrical inventions, including the lightbulb. It is also the day to discover our own “body electricity.”
White T-Shirt Day
- celebrates the men and women who participated in a strike at General Motors in 1937. "These autoworkers helped the United Auto Workers (UAW) union to become the sole bargaining agent for General Motors autoworkers." As part of the symbolism of this strike, everyone wears a white shirt or blouse.
Make a Friend Day
- a great opportunity to meet someone new, or do something to make a new friend. Making a new friend can be easier to do than you think. There must be a gadzillion ways to make new friends. It often helps by smiling and just being friendly or helpful. Spend today just being friendly, and doing special or nice things for others.
Pro Sports Wives Day
- This national day of observance will give polite recognition to nearly a half million active and retired sports wives throughout the country for their public service in the estimated $213 billion professional sports industry. Unknown to the public, pro sports wives are the household managers and silent partners who keep their favorite athletes motivated, focused and determined to win and create the feeling of being a winner within us all.
National Inventor's day
- In recognition of the enormous contribution inventors make to the nation and the world, the Congress, pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 140 (Public Law 97 - 198), has designated February 11, the anniversary of the birth of the inventor Thomas Alva Edison, who held over 1,000 patents, as National Inventors' Day.
Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day
- It simply means don't worry and stress over the little things. Enjoy life to it's fullest and savor each and every day with an optimistic attitude and a smile on your face! It's a day to think positive, look on the bright side, and to find something good in everything that happens.
Thomas Edison's Birthday
- Thomas Alva Edison (February 11, 1847 – October 18, 1931) was an American inventor, scientist, and businessman who developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world, including the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and a long-lasting, practical electric light bulb.
National Shut-in Visitation Day
- If you know anyone who can't get out of the house for whatever reason, go visit them – bring groceries, grab a paper, bring him or her a houseplant, or just have a sit-down and a chat!
- This was updated by Catherine on February 11, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
ALWAYS email companies when you have a problem, because you might just get something for your time! But don't forget to ALWAYS send them your positive feedback as well, because they might reward you for taking the time to offer a compliment.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.