National Nothing Day
- Nothing Day is celebrated by doing absolutely nothing at all. This day is an "un-event". The expectation is that we do not create or otherwise promote this day. In other words, we do nothing. And, to say anything more would contradict the purpose of this day. Celebrate this day by doing....nothing. Of course, that assumes that doing nothing is okay with your boss.
National Religious Freedom Day
- commemorates the Virginia General Assembly's adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom on January 16, 1786. This vital document became the basis for the separation of church and state, and led to freedom of religion for all Americans as protected in the religion clause in the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment.
National Good Teen Day
- Founded by an Ohio school teacher, this day has been approved by Congress. The passage between childhood and adulthood constitutes one of the most eventful stages of our life's journey. The teen years are as challenging as they are exciting, and at a time when young Americans are facing more serious pressures than ever before--from substance abuse and violence to sexual promiscuity and dropping out of school--it is fitting that we set aside this day to reaffirm the unique, God-given potential of every teenager.
National Fig Newton Day
- People in the US eat over 1,000,000,000 fig newtons every year. Charles Rosen created the design for fig newtons and sold it directly to the Kennedy Biscuit Company, later to become Nabisco, who used a new continuous-stream, filled-cookie making machine designed by James Henry Mitchell to produce the cookie, releasing it on 1891.
International Hot and Spicy Food Day
- an unofficial holiday dedicated to the eating of spicy foods, particularly of international origin. There are literally hundreds of types of herbs and spices throughout the world. Each can provide a unique flavor sensation on its own. In combination, herbs and spices can take on different qualities and characteristics that can make the sum much different that the individual spices alone.
Appreciate A Dragon Day
- to celebrate the release of DragonSpell. DragonSpell is the first book of the fantasy series the DragonKeeper Chronicles. Dragons as the subject of myths, fantasies and legends have captured the imaginations and have lured many interested but hesitant readers into the stories. Thus Appreciate a Dragon Day now serves as a venue to call to the adventurous spirits of children and to lead them into the world of literature.
Golden Globe Awards
- A Golden Globe Award is an accolade presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) to recognize excellence in film and television, both domestic and foreign. The annual formal ceremony and dinner at which the awards are presented is a major part of the film industry's awards season, which culminates each year with the Academy Awards.
- This was updated by Catherine on January 16, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
Some don't use their last name when requesting freebies - to foil the telemarketers who take your name and address and look up your phone number to call you. To avoid these nuisance calls, they use only their first and middle name, or change some of the letters in their last name. Another benefit is that way you can track where the junk mail came from.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.