Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- Black civil rights leader, minister, advocate of nonviolence and recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (1964). Born at Atlanta, GA, in 1929 - he was assassinated at Memphis, TN, Apr 4, 1968. After his death many states and territories observed his birthday as a holiday.
National Strawberry Ice Cream Day
- To honor and enjoy strawberry ice cream! History tells us that strawberry ice cream is one of the first flavours ever created. One of the earliest documented uses of strawberry ice cream comes from way back in 1744. It's said that Maryland Governor Thomas Bladen began serving strawberry ice cream to impress his house guests, mostly dignitaries.
National Hat Day
- set aside to wear and enjoy a hat of your choice and style. Isn't it great that hats come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and styles? There's one to fit every size head and personality. Often, hats are used to make a statement, or to promote a cause or a product.
International Fetish Day
- A day belonging to everyone with a fetish. First observed in 2009.
National Fresh Squeezed Juice Day
- celebrate the joys of squeezing your own juice from fruits and vegetables, and reap the benefits that come along with it. Today you should begin to think about changing from the ordinary bottled juice to freshly squeezed juice. Not only will you save money you will improve your health while you are at it.
World Religion Day
- to foster the establishment of interfaith understanding and harmony by emphasizing the common denominators underlying all religions. Mankind, which has stemmed from one origin, must now strive towards the reconciliation of that which has been split up. Human unity and true equality depend not on past origins, but on future goals, on what we are becoming and whither we are going.
Elementary School Teacher Day
- Celebrate the teachers who are a big part of your child's life. An elementary teacher's day begins about a half an hour before the students arrive, and ends two to three hours after the students leave for the afternoon. A teacher's day is structured, and the first priority is the students.
Wilson "Snowflake" Bentley's First Snowflake Photograph
- Wilson Alwyn "Snowflake" Bentley, born in Jericho, Vermont in 1865, is one of the first known photographers of snowflakes. He perfected a process of catching flakes on black velvet in such a way that their images could be captured before they either melted or sublimated.
Super Bowl Birthday
- 1967 - The Green Bay Packers won the first NFL–AFL World Championship Game, defeating the Kansas City Chiefs, 35–10, at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Packers quarterback Bart Starr was named the game’s Most Valuable Player. Pro football’s title game later became known as the Super Bowl.
Krusty the Clown's Birthday
- Krusty was created by cartoonist Matt Groening and partially inspired by Rusty Nails, a television clown from Groening's hometown of Portland, Oregon. He was designed to look like Homer Simpson with clown make-up, with the original idea being that Bart worships a television clown who looks like his own father. Krusty made his television debut on January 15, 1989 in the Tracey Ullman Show short "The Krusty the Clown Show".
- This was updated by Catherine on January 4, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
One reader doesn't like using her real name, so she has her dog apply for all the freebies. She uses her last name so the mail will get there. She knows when a spam phone call comes in because they ask for the dog.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.