National Dress Up Your Pet Day
- Do you have the most stylish cat or dog on the block? now is the time to coordinate some fabulous outfits so your pet can celebrate in style! This is your chance to make Fido fit for the runway.
Make Your Dream Come True Day
- gives you the opportunity to do something to realize your goals and dreams. Whatever your dreams are, they usually don't come true without some effort on your part. So, today is the perfect opportunity to do something about it.
- Dr. Jesse Bennett, of Edom, VA, performed the first successful Cesarean section in 1794. The patient was his wife.
- Anniversary of the act that officially ended the American Revolution and established the US as a sovereign power. On Jan 14, 1784, the Continental Congress, meeting at Annapolis, MD, ratified the Treaty of Paris, thus fulfilling the Declaration of Independence of July 4, 1776.
National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day
- Although New York's Sussman Volk is generally credited with producing the first pastrami sandwich in 1887, that claim is disputed by the founders of Katz's Deli in New York, which was founded in 1888. Volk, a kosher butcher, claimed that he got the recipe from a Romanian friend in exchange for storing the friend's luggage while the friend returned to Romania. According to his descendant, Patricia Volk, Volk prepared pastrami according to the recipe and served it on sandwiches out of his butcher shop. The sandwich was so popular that Volk converted the butcher shop into a restaurant to sell pastrami sandwiches.
Penguin Awareness Day
- offers a unique opportunity to get to know the dapper little avian who doesn't fly. They're more than just adorable tuxedo-clad birds that love the snow. The penguin comes in a number of different species and some are being threatened by climate change, making the Awareness Day even more important.
National Clean off your Desk Day
- Are you concerned about what may be hiding in those piles on your desk? Start the New Year off on a good start by tackling that messy desktop during National Clean Off Your Desk Day!
Organize Your Home Day
- First they want me to clean off my desk, and now they want me to organize my home too? I don’t know about you, but this is not a task I could ever complete in a single day. Perhaps I could get a handle on my desk in one day! Maybe...
- This was updated by Catherine on January 4, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
If a freebie is limited to only the first 1,000 participants - you may not be in that group and the site may just be collecting your information.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.