World Hello Day
- The object is to say hello to ten people on the day. By greeting others, the message is for world leaders to use communication rather than force to settle conflicts. People in 180 countries have participated in this annual activity for advancing peace through personal communication.
National Stuffing Day
- It has yet to be determined if this celebration refers to the bread-melee in the turkey or the voracious gluttony of the day; but it's fair to assume both are indulged in with popularity on this day.
World Television Day
- On Dec 17, 1996, the General Assembly proclaimed this day as World Television Day, commemorating the date in 1996 on which the first World Television Forum was held at the UN.
World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
- On Oct 26, 2005, the General Assembly invited member states and the international community to annually recognize the third Sunday in November as the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims, as acknowledgment of victims of road traffic crashes and their families.
- To honor humor in general and Alaskan humor in particular. Event is named after “alascattalo,” said to be the genetic cross between a moose and a walrus.
Human Cannonball Birthday
- Some authorities assert that the first human cannonball act took place in 1871, when a young male performer posing as a woman was shot from a catapult-like device during a show at a London music hall.
Tweety Bird's Birthday
- On Nov. 21, 1942 Tweety Bird made his first appearance in the Warner Brothers cartoon titled "A Tale of Two Kitties". Tweety is a fictional Yellow Canary in the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies
series of animated cartoons.
Who Shot J.R.? (30th Anniversary)
- In the final scene of the 1979–1980 season, the character J. R. Ewing, played by Larry Hagman, was shot by an unknown individual. The episode, titled "A House Divided", was broadcast on March 21, 1980. Viewers had to wait all summer, and most of the autumn because of a Hollywood actors' strike (and Hagman's own holdout), to learn whether J.R. would survive, and which of his many enemies was responsible
- This was updated by Catherine on November 21, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Create a separate free email account to use for your freebies - so your personal email doesn't get filled with junk emails.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.