Name Your PC Day
- Hey, why not? People name their cars and boats! There are a lot more PCs than boats these days. My computer should be named "Troublemaker"! What would you name yours?
National Peanut Butter Fudge Day
- celebrating that sweet peanut-y treat called peanut butter fudge! You might eat chocolate fudge all the time but when was the last time you ate peanut butter flavored?
African Industrialization Day
- a time when governments and other organizations in many African countries examine ways to stimulate Africa's industrialization process. It is also an occasion to draw worldwide media attention to the problems and challenges of industrialization in Africa.
National Adoption Day
- a national day of celebration of adoptive families and an opportunity for courts to open their doors and finalize the adoptions of children from foster care. Since 2000, more than 30,000 children have had their adoptions finalized on National Adoption Day. This year on November 20, families, adoption advocates, policymakers, judges and volunteers will come together and celebrate adoption in communities large and small all across the nation.
National Family Volunteer Day
- To encourage and mobilize families in community-oriented projects. Designed to showcase the benefits of families working together, support organizations and businesses engaging family volunteers and encourage those who haven’t yet made the commitment to volunteer with their family to begin doing so.
Universal Children's Day
- to promote mutual exchange and understanding among children and secondly to initiate action to benefit and promote the welfare of the world's children. Also a day to celebrate childhood.
Automatic Traffic Light Birthday
- U.S.Patent issued November 20, 1923 to Garrett Morgan. He realized the need to control the flow of traffic. A gifted inventor and reportedly the first African American to own an automobile in Cleveland, Ohio, he invented the electric automatic traffic light. Though it looked more like the semaphore signals you see at train crossings today.
National Survivors of Suicide Day
- a day of healing for those who have lost someone to suicide. It was created by U.S. Senate resolution in 1999 through the efforts of Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada, who lost his father to suicide. Every year, AFSP sponsors an event to provide an opportunity for the survivor community to come together for support, healing, information and empowerment.
Transgender Day of Remembrance
- set aside to memorialize those who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice. The event is held in November to honor Rita Hester, whose murder in 1998 kicked off the “Remembering Our Dead” web project and a San Francisco candlelight vigil in 1999. Since then, the event has grown to encompass memorials in dozens of cities across the world.
- This was updated by Catherine on November 20, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
When a freebie offer asks for sensitive information like your social security number or a bank account number, you want to leave that freebie site right away!
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.