My DogVacay dog guests have several beds around the house, Denny uses both beds in the living room and the one in the bedroom.
Dexter would prefer to lay on a person - if he isn't laying on his bed on my computer desk (He is a little dog, a bichon).
You can make this no-sew pet bed!
This pet bed looks pretty simple to make and needs no sewing at all! Probably much cheaper than buying one, and you can wash it!
Making a fleece pet bed yourself allows you to fully customize the pet bed, and choose the cover, filling and style that suits you, and your dog or cat, best!
Plus, it makes a comfortable, water-repellent bed for your dog or cat, of any size.
Photo credit: Making Ties, by Selbe B, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
1. Cut out a couple of ovals from anti-pill polyester fleece (Solid Dogs Anti-pill Fleece or Cats Allover Anti-Pill Fleece by Wild Wings or Petmate Polar Fleece Pet Blanket), about 4-6 inches larger than the size you need. (Anti-Pill is a treatment applied to garments primarily to resist the formation of little balls on the fabric's surface due to abrasion during wear.)
2. Cut 4 or 6-inch long strips into the fleece all around the oval, about 1-inch wide.
3. Tie together one strip of fleece on one oval to a strip of fleece on the second oval - using an over-hand knot. Some prefer to double-knot.
4. Repeat all around the oval, leaving a space open to stuff.
5. Stuff with Polyester Fiberfill (Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber), wool, cotton or even cedar shavings.
6. Tie remaining fleece strips.
Photo credit: Tying Baby Blankets, byWVUMC, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
Yardage needed for each pet bed size:
Small: 26-inch diameter - 1 1/2 yards (1.40m) 60" wide (150 cm)
Medium: 36-inch diameter - 2 1/4 yards (2.10m) 60" wide (150 cm)
Large: 46-inch diameter - 2 /3/4 yards (2.55m) 60" wide (150 cm)
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
More Frugal Dog Tips and Freebies:
Frugal Pet Tip: Make-Your-Own Dog Toys
-- This frugal tip is a great combination of a dog owner's scent and a dog's favourite toy!
Free Dog Breed Colouring Pages
-- This site has found tons of free dog breed coloring pages on the internet and sorted them out so that you can find so many coloring sheets of your favorite dog breed.
FREEBIE: Natures Variety Dog/Cat Food
-- Complete their form to get a coupon for $3.00 off your first bag of Instinct Raw, grain-free Instinct Kibble, or wholesome Prairie Kibble.
FREEBIE: Don't Leave Me in Here — It's Hot! fliers
-- Whenever you see a parked car with animals inside, place the "Don't Leave Me in Here — It's Hot!" flier under their windshield wiper.
FREEBIE: MyKitten Kit and Coupons
-- Give your new arrival the perfect start in life with the free Canadian Purina MyKitten program.
-- Looking for US coupons for Purina dog food, cat food, pet treats and litter?
How to Potty Train Your Dog
-- Are You Making Critical Mistakes in Your Dog's Potty Training?
FREEBIE: New Puppy/Kitten
-- Did you get a puppy or kitten for Christmas? A new puppy represents wonderment, innocence, unlimited energy, and unconditional love. But that puppy or kitten has needs, and will grow up, so let's find some puppy/kitten freebies!
FREEBIE: Pet Safety Pack
-- Alert people that pets are inside your home in the event of an emergency! Help keep your pets safe with a free pet safety pack from the ASPCA!
? Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
? Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+. We are even on Pinterest!