No Housework Day
- A day off from doing chores; No Housework Day means no housework, and no guilt over it either. Let the dishes pile up, let the laundry wait, and don’t even think about putting anything away. Just relax (in the mess), and try not to think about how you’ll need to do twice as much tomorrow. Source
World Health Day
- The topic of World Health Day in 2012 is Ageing and health with the theme "Good health adds life to years". The focus is how good health throughout life can help older men and women lead full and productive lives and be a resource for their families and communities. Ageing concerns each and every one of us – whether young or old, male or female, rich or poor – no matter where we live. Source
National Beer Day
- On April 7th, 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Cullen-Harrison Act into law, ending the 13 year long prohibition of alcohol in the United States. For those of us in the beer community, this is a momentous occasion as we couldn’t imagine what it would be like had prohibition continued. It’s true that people found ways around it by brewing at home or visiting their neighborhood speakeasy, but there would be nothing like the variety and availability that we are used to today. Source
New York Slave Revolt
- The New York Slave Revolt of 1712 was an uprising in New York City of 23 enslaved Africans who killed nine whites and injured another six. More than three times that number of blacks, 70, were arrested and jailed. Of these, 27 were put on trial, and 21 convicted and executed. Source
More Special Days:
• Henry Ford, died April 7, 1947. Founder of the Ford Motor Company.
• International Beaver Day
• International Snailpapers Day
• Caramel Popcorn Day
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
- This was posted by Catherine on April 7, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Printer failed to print your coupon? Don't have a printer? Look for a Help/Contact link or button on the page and tell them the printer failed and they will often send you a coupon in the mail.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+.